Molybdenum Diselenide Monolayer Film
Monolayer MoSe2 film has a direct bandgap of about 1.5 eV, making it one of the most desirable 2D-layered structures in photovoltaic single-junction solar cells and photoelectrochemical cells. Monolayer MoSe2 film consists of two layers of Se atoms, with one layer of Mo atoms sandwiched in the middle (Se-Mo-Se).
|Molecular weight||253.86 g/mol|
|Bandgap||1.41 - 1.58 eV|
|Synonyms||Molybdenum (IV) selenide, Molybdenum selenide|
|Classification / Family||Transition metal dichalcogenides (TMDCs), 2D semiconductor Materials, Nano-electronics, Nano-photonics, Electrochemical energy storage system, Materials science|
|Size||1 cm × 1 cm*|
|Growth method||CVD synthesis|
|Number of layers||1|
|Transfer method||Directly grown
|Substrate thickness||300 nm|
* Other sizes available: 2 cm × 2 cm or 2 inches in diameter, 4 inches in diameter custom-made sizes, please contact us for more details.
High-quality molybdenum diselenide (MoSe2) monolayer film is available as a directly-grown film on SiO2/Si. Different sizes and substrates of monolayer MoSe2 films are also available via custom order. Discontinuous isolated triangular crystals (crystal islands) films are also available via custom order, please contact us for more details.
- Glass (1 cm × 1 cm, 2 cm × 2 cm, 2 inches in diameter, 4 inches in diameter or custom-made sizes)
- Silicon (1 cm × 1 cm, 2 cm × 2 cm, 2 inches in diameter, 4 inches in diameter or custom-made sizes)
- Quartz (1 cm × 1 cm, 2 cm × 2 cm, 2 inches in diameter, 4 inches in diameter or custom-made sizes)
- Sapphire (1 cm × 1 cm, 2 cm × 2 cm, 2 inch in diameter, 4 inches in diameter or custom-made sizes)
- Copper (1 cm × 1 cm, 2 cm × 2 cm, 2 inches in diameter, 4 inches in diameter or custom-made sizes)
Having a direct optical band gap of 1.48 eV with a photoluminescence peak at 840 nm, molybdenum diselenide monolayer film is ideal for applications in optoelectronics. Also, with with its narrower bandgap, higher optical absorbance and larger spin-splitting energy than MoS2, MoSe2 ultrathin films are potentially better than MoS2 for the applications in tunnel FETs and optoelectronic devices.
High-quality molybdenum diselenide monolayer film was grown directly on the substrates (SiO2/Si) by the chemical vapour deposition (CVD) method.
MoSe2 monolayer film can be used for research purposes such as microscopic analysis, photoluminescence and Raman spectroscopy studies. Monolayer MoSe2 film can also be transferred to other substrates.
|Substrate||Product code||Size||Quantity (EA)||Price|
|SiO2/Si||M2169F11||1 cm × 1 cm||1||£490.00|
Literature and Reviews
- CVD synthesis of large-area, highly crystalline MoSe2 atomic layers on diverse substrates and application to photodetectors, J. Xia et al., Nanoscale, 6, 8949 (2014); DOI: 10.1039/c4nr02311k.
- Large-area synthesis of monolayer MoSe2 films on SiO2/Si substrates by atmospheric pressure chemical vapor deposition, Y. Zhao et al., RSC Adv., 7, 27969 (2017); DOI: 10.1039/c7ra03642f.
- Large-Area Synthesis of Monolayer and Few-Layer MoSe2 Films on SiO2 Substrates, X. Lu et al., Nano Lett. 2014, 14, 2419−2425 (2014); DIO: 10.1021/nl5000906.
- Large-Area Single-Layer MoSe2 and Its van der Waals Heterostructures, G. Shim et al., ACS Nano, 2014, 8 (7), 6655–6662 (2014); DIO: 10.1021/nn405685j.
- Chemical Vapor Deposition Growth of Crystalline Monolayer MoSe2, X. Wang et al., ACS Nano, 8 (5), 5125–5131 (2014); DOI: 10.1021/nn501175k.
- Monolayer MoSe2 Grown by Chemical VaporDeposition for Fast Photodetection, Y. Chang et al., ACS Nano, 8 (8), 8582–8590 (2014); DOI: 10.1021/nn503287m.
- Direct observation of the transition from indirect to direct bandgap in atomically thin epitaxial MoSe2, Y. Zhang et al., Nat. nanotech., 9, 111-115 (2014); DOI: 10.1038/NNANO.2013.277.
To the best of our knowledge the technical information provided here is accurate. However, Ossila assume no liability for the accuracy of this information. The values provided here are typical at the time of manufacture and may vary over time and from batch to batch.