Spiro-OMeTAD (also called Spiro-MeOTAD)
Order Code: M291MSDS sheet
|Unsublimed (>99.5% purity)||M291||500 mg||£163|
|Sublimed (>99.5% purity)||M292||500 mg||£227|
|Unsublimed (>99.5% purity)||M291||1 g||£237|
|Sublimed (>99.5% purity)||M292||1 g||£363|
High-purity Spiro-OMeTAD (also called Spiro-MeOTAD) for perovskite and OLED hole interfaces.
In stock now for immediate dispatch to institutions worldwide.
|Appearance||Light yellow powder|
Unsublimed >99.5% (HPLC) (M291)
Sublimed >99.5% (HPLC) (M292)
|Melting point||240°C (approx.)|
|TGA||>360°C (0.5% weight loss)|
|UV absorption max||306, 385 nm (in CH2Cl2)|
|PL max||429 nm (in CH2Cl2)|
|HOMO / LUMO||HOMO = -5.0 eV (by cyclic voltammetry) LUMO = -2.05 eV (HOMO - Eg)|
|Eg (optical)||2.95 eV|
Spiro-OMeTAD Batch Specific Data
 Interface engineering of highly efficient perovskite solar cells. Huanping Zhou et al., Science, V 34, p.546 (2014).
Key details: High efficiency perovskite solar cells with >19% efficiency. Doping regime specified via reference .
 Sequential deposition as a route to high-performance perovskite-sensitized solar cells. Julian Burschka et al., Nature, V499 p.316 (2013).
Key details: Spin coated spiro-MeOTAD in chlorobenzene doped with the below compounds (doping ratio's specified in reference :
- lithium bis(trifluoromethylsul-phonyl)imide (LiTFSI)
- tris(2-(1H-pyrazol-1-yl)-4-tert-butylpyridine)cobalt( III ) bis(tri-fluoromethylsulphonyl)imide
 Nanostructured TiO2 /CH3NH3PbI3 heterojunction solar cells employing spiro-OMeTAD/Co-complex as hole-transporting material. Jun Hong Noh et al., J. Mater. Chem. A, 1, 11842-11847, DOI: 10.1039/C3TA12681A (2013)
Key details: Doped with the below concentrations
- 50 mM spiro-OMeTAD in chlorobenzene
- Co( III )-complex (FK209) first dissolved into an acetonitrile stock solution prepared with concentrations in the range 4 to 33 mM before being added to the Spiro/chlorobenzene solution.
- FK209 stock solution mixed with Spiro/chlorobenzene solution to give overall 7.7 mol% FK209 to Spiro.
- Also doped with a stock solution of Li-bis(trifluoromethanesulfonyl)imide (Li-TFSI) at 170 mg and TBP at 46.6% by volume in acetonitrile.
- Spin-coated at 3000 rpm for 30s.
To the best of our knowledge the technical information provided here is accurate. However, Ossila assume no liability for the accuracy of this information. The values provided here are typical at the time of manufacture and may vary over time and from batch to batch.