CAS Number 17904-83-5
Fast and secure
Sublimed Eu(dbm)3(Phen), >99.0% purity
Red-orange phosphorescence emitter
Eu(dbm)3(Phen) - tris(dibenzoylmethane)phenanthroline europium(III) - is a typical tenary Eu3+complex with a ligand 1,3- diphenylpropane-1,3-dione and a secondary phenanthroline ligand coordinating to the europium core. Eu(dbm)3(Phen) displays red-orange phosphorescence emission at 615 nm with a narrow bandwidth (color purity) FWHM smaller than 100 cm-1 in OLEDs. Eu(dbm)3(Phen) is preferably co-deposited with a charge transport material to reduce the chance of self-quenching (concentration quenching) and to improve charge carrier mobilities.
Eu(dbm)3(Phen) is also frequently embedded in polyvinylcarbazole (PVK) or mesoporous silica nanoparticles for electroluminescence studies to improve its efficiency and photo stability.
|Full name||Tris(dibenzoylmethane)phenanthroline europium(III)|
|Molecular weight||1001.93 g/mol|
|Absorption||λmax 257 nm, 355 nm in THF|
|Fluorescence||λem 615 nm in THF|
|HOMO/LUMO||HOMO = 5.22 eV, LUMO = 2.93 eV |
|Classification / Family||Europium complexes, Organic electronics, Red dopant, Sublimed materials.|
|Purity||Sublimed: >99.0% (HPLC)|
|Melting point||Mp (onset) =199°C (DTA), TGA: 234.6 °C (0.5% weight loss)|
*Sublimation is a technique used to obtain ultra pure-grade chemicals. For more details about sublimation, please refer to the Sublimed Materials.
|Device structure||ITO/PEDOT:PSS/TAPC (50 nm)/PVK:20 wt% Eu(dbm)3(Phen)/b-PBD/Al |
|Luminous efficiency@29 V||26 cd/mA|
*For chemical structure information, please refer to the cited references.
|Sublimed (>99.0% purity)||M2296A1||250 mg||£330|
|Sublimed (>99.0% purity)||M2296A1||500 mg||£520|
|Sublimed (>99.0% purity)||M2296A1||1 g||£850|
Literature and Reviews
- Preparation and characteristics of Eu(DBM)3phen: Synthesis, single-crystal structure and spectroscopic analysis, L. Ruan et al., J. Mol. Struct., 1149, 265-272 (2017); DOI: 10.1016/j.molstruc.2017.08.003.
- The dependence of OLED external efficiency on the mass concentration of europium(III) dispersed in PVK, G. Santos et al., ECS Trans., 39 (1), 475-480 (2011); DOI:10.1149/1.3615229.
- Optical amplification of Eu(DBM)3Phen-doped polymer optical fiber, H. Liang et al., Opt. Lett., 29 (6), 447-449 (2004); DOI:10.1364/OL.29.000477.
- Electroluminescence from europium(III) complexes, H. Xu et al., Coord. Chem. Rev., 293-294, 228-249 (2015); DOI: 10.1016/j.ccr.2015.02.018.
- Concentration quenching and photostability in Eu (dbm)3phen embedded in mesoporous silica nanoparticles, E. Moretti et al., J. Luminescence, 146:178-185 (2014); DOI: 10.1016/j.jlumin.2013.09.059.
- Phosphorescent materials for application to organic light emitting devices, M. Baldo et al., Pure Appl. Chem., 71 (11), 2095-2106 (1999); DOI:10.1351/pac199971112095.
To the best of our knowledge the information provided here is accurate. The values provided are typical at the time of manufacture and may vary over time and from batch to batch. Products may have minor cosmetic differences (e.g. to the branding) compared to the photos on our website. All products are for laboratory and research and development use only.