Order Code: M2050A1MSDS sheet
PBDD4T-2F is now available, featuring:
- High purity and high molecular weight (PBDD4T-2F is purified by Soxhlet extraction with methanol, hexane and chlorobenzene under an argon atmosphere)
- Batch-specific GPC data (so you have confidence in what you are ordering. Also, GPC data is always convenient for your thesis and publications)
- Large-quantity orders (so you can plan your experiments with polymers from the same batch)
|M2050A1||5 - 10 g*||Please enquire|
*for 5-10 grams order quantity, the lead time is 4-6 weeks.
|HOMO / LUMO||HOMO = -5.39 eV, Eg = 1.76 eV |
|Classification / Family||Polythiophenes, Organic n-type semiconducting materials, Organic Photovoltaics, Polymer solar cells, Tandem Solar Cells, Electron-acceptor polymers, OFETs, Perovskite solar cells.|
|Suggesting solvents||Chlorobenzene, dichlorobenzene|
PBDD4T-2F polymer semiconductor has been developed for OPV applications (including both fullerene and non-fullerene polymer solar cells) and has an efficiency of over 9% . It has been built into tandem solar cells, and PCE reaching 13% was reported with the following structure: PBDD4T-2F:PC71BM (front cell) & PBDTTT-E-T:IEICO (rear cell) .
When compared to PBDD4T, PBDD4T-2F has a stronger tendency to aggregate in solution. It also has a stronger π–π stacking compact in solid thin-film, and shows a deeper HOMO energy level of -5.39 eV.
Literature and Reviews
- A Fluorinated Polythiophene Derivative with Stabilized Backbone Conformation for Highly Efficient Fullerene and Non-Fullerene Polymer Solar Cells, S. Zhang et al., Macromolecules, 49 (8), 2993–3000 (2016); DOI: 10.1021/acs.macromol.6b00248.
- Achieving 12.8% Efﬁciency by Simultaneously Improving Open-Circuit Voltage and Short-Circuit Current Density in Tandem Organic Solar Cells,
- Over 11% Efﬁciency in Tandem Polymer Solar Cells Featured by a Low-Band-Gap Polymer with Fine-Tuned Properties, Z. Zheng, Adv. Mater., 28, 5133–5138 (2016); DOI: 10.1002/adma.201600373.