PNDI(2OD)2T (high mobility n-type polymer)
Order Code: M1201MSDS sheet
|HOMO / LUMO||HOMO = -5.77 eV, LUMO = -3.84 eV |
|Classification / Family||Organic n-type semiconducting materials, Organic Photovoltaics, Polymer solar cells, Electron-acceptor polymers, OFETs, Perovskite solar cells.|
|Solubility||Soluble in chloroform, chlorobenzene, dichlorobenzene|
PNDI(2OD)2T, a copolymer of naphthalene diimide (NDI) and bithiophene unit, has been intensively studied for application as an acceptor in polymer solar cells. This is due to its high electron mobility, high electron affinity, and broad light absorption. All polymer solar cell with PNDI(2OD)2T as an acceptor and J51 as a donor (fullerene-free) has demonstrated a power conversion efficieny over 8% .
PNDI(2OD)2T is also known as a high-mobility n-type polymer semiconductor. PNDI(2OD)2T-based OFET devices have electron mobilities up to 0.45–0.85 cm2V-1 s-1.
The synthesis of the polymer P(NDI2OD-T2) is described here.
Literature and Reviews
- All-Polymer Solar Cells Based on Absorption-Complementary Polymer Donor and Acceptor with High Power Conversion Efficiency of 8.27%, L. Gao et al., Adv. Mater., 28, 1884–1890 (2016); DOI: 10.1002/adma.201504629.
- A high-mobility electron-transporting polymer for printed transistors, H. Yan et al., Nature, 457 (2009); doi:10.1038/nature07727.
- Highly efficient charge-carrier generation and collection in polymer/polymer blend solar cells with a power conversion efficiency of 5.7%, D. Mori et al., Energy Environ. Sci., 7, 2939-2943 (2014); DOI: 10.1039/C4EE01326C.
- Bulk Electron Transport and Charge Injection in a High Mobility n-Type Semiconducting Polymer, R. Steyrleuthner et al., Adv. Mater., 22, 2799–2803 (2010); DOI: 10.1002/adma.201000232.
- High-performance ternary blend all-polymer solar cells with complementary absorption bands from visible to near-infrared wavelengths, H. Benten et al., Energy Environ. Sci., 9, 135-140 (2016); DOI: 10.1039/C5EE03460D.
- High efficiency all-polymer tandem solar cells, J. Yuan et al., Sci. Reports 6, 26459 (2016); doi:10.1038/srep26459.