Order Code: M2049A1MSDS sheet
PBDD4T is now available, featuring:
- High purity and high molecular weight (PBDD4T is purified by Soxhlet extraction with methanol, hexane and chloroform under an argon atmosphere)
- Batch-specific GPC data (so you have confidence in what you are ordering. Also, GPC data is always convenient for your thesis and publications)
- Large-quantity orders (so you can plan your experiments with polymers from the same batch)
|M2049A1||5 - 10 g*||Please enquire|
*for 5-10 grams order quantity, the lead time is 4-6 weeks.
|Solubility||Chloroform, chlorobenzene and dichlorobenzene|
|HOMO / LUMO||HOMO = -5.30 eV, Eg = 1.76 eV |
|Classification / Family||Polythiophenes, Organic n-type semiconducting materials, Organic photovoltaics, Polymer solar cells, Tandem solar cells, Electron-acceptor polymers, OFETs, Perovskite solar cells.|
|Solubility||Soluble in chloroform, chlorobenzene, dichlorobenzene|
As a family member of polythiophenes, PBDD4T has a backbone consisting of repeating benzodithiophene-4,8-dione and α-quaterthiophene units. π electrons can be delocalized effectively through the alternative electron push−pull effect, resulting a low band-gap polymer. Also, with four ethylhexyl branched side chains, the polymer is more soluble in most of organic solvents.
We also have PBDD4T-2F available which allows fluorine-fluorine interaction at the polymer back-bone structure for device film morphology control. Both PBDD4T and PBDD4T-2F are used for highly efficient fullerene and non-fullerene including such as ITIC and P(NDI2OD-T2F) as acceptors for OPV devices.
Literature and Reviews
- A Fluorinated Polythiophene Derivative with Stabilized Backbone Conformation for Highly Efficient Fullerene and Non-Fullerene Polymer Solar Cells, S. Zhang et al., Macromolecules, 49 (8), 2993–3000 (2016); DOI: 10.1021/acs.macromol.6b00248.
- Molecular Design toward Efficient Polymer Solar Cells with High Polymer Content, D. Qian et al., J. Am. Chem. Soc., 2013, 135 (23), 8464–8467 (2013); DOI: 10.1021/ja402971d