PNF222 (high-mobility n-type polymer)
Order Code: M2052A1MSDS sheet
Luminosyn™ PNF222 is now available, featuring:
- High molecular weight and high purity - PNF222 is purified by soxhlet extraction with methanol, hexane and chlorobenzene under argon atmosphere
- Batch-specific GPC data - for confidence in your material and useful information for your thesis and publications
- Larger-quantity orders - so that you can plan your experiments with polymer from the same batch
|M2052A1||5 g / 10 g*||Please enquire|
*for 5 - 10 grams order quantity, the lead time is 4-6 weeks.
|Synonyms||PNDI-2F, P(NDI2OD-T2F), PNDI(2OD)2T-2F, P(NDI2OD-FT2)|
|Molecular weight||See Batch Details table above|
|HOMO / LUMO||HOMO = - 5.99 eV, LUMO = - 3.90 eV |
|Suggesting solvents||Chlorobenzene, dichlorobenzene|
|Classification / Family||Bithiophene, Heterocyclic five-membered ring, Organic semiconducting materials, Low band gap polymers, Non-fullerene acceptors (NFAs), Organic photovoltaics, All-polymer solar cells, OFETs|
PNF222, poly[[1,2,3,6,7,8-hexahydro-2,7-bis(2-octyldodecyl)-1,3,6,8-tetraoxobenzophenanthroline-4,9-diyl](3,3'-difluoro[2,2'-bithiophene]-5,5'-diyl)], is commonly used as polymer acceptor in all polymer solar cells or OFETs material.
Compared to PNDI(2OD)2T, with the introduction of the fluorine atoms on the electronic structure of the polymer, PNF222 has lower electronic energy levels due to the strong electronegativity of its fluorine atoms. In turn, this results in higher Voc, Jsc and FF for OPV devices.
It has also been reported that PCE of Si-PEDOT:PSS solar cells was promoted from 12.6% to 14.5% while a PNF222 polymer interlayer was incorporated, with the polymer orientation playing a critical role on the polymer–Si contact quality .
Literature and Reviews
- Controlling Energy Levels and Blend Morphology for All-Polymer Solar Cells via Fluorination of a Naphthalene Diimide-Based Copolymer Acceptor, M. A. Uddin et al., Macromolecules, 49 (17), 6374–6383 (2016); DOI: 10.1021/acs.macromol.6b01414.
- Fluoro-Substituted n-Type Conjugated Polymers for Additive-Free All-Polymer Bulk Heterojunction Solar Cells with High Power Conversion Efﬁciency of 6.71%, J. Jung et al., Adv. Mater., 27, 3310–3317 (2015); DOI: 10.1002/adma.20150121.
- Naphthalene Diimide-Based n-Type Polymers: Efficient Rear Interlayers for High-Performance Silicon–Organic Heterojunction Solar Cells, Y. Han et al., ACS Nano, 11 (7), 7215–7222 (2017); DOI: 10.1021/acsnano.7b03090.
- Bulk Electron Transport and Charge Injection in a High Mobility n-Type Semiconducting Polymer, R. Steyrleuthner et al., Adv. Mater., 22, 2799–2803 (2010); DOI: 10.1002/adma.201000232.n2200.