PNDI(2HD)2T (high-mobility n-type polymer)
PNDI(2HD)2T is now available featuring:
- Higher molecular weights and high purity - PNDI(2HD)2T is purified via Soxhlet extraction with methanol, hexane and chlorobenzene under an argon atmosphere - higher molecular weights and higher purity normally gives better device performance
- Larger-quantity orders (so you can plan your experiments with polymers from the same batch)
|HOMO / LUMO||HOMO = -5.80 eV, LUMO = -3.82 eV |
|Classification / Family||PNDI polymers, Organic n-type semiconducting materials, Organic photovoltaics, All-polymer solar cells (All-PSCs), Electron-acceptor polymers, OFETs, Perovskite solar cells.|
PNDI(2HD)2T, also known as P(NDI2HD-T2), copolymer of naphtalene and bithiophene, is used as a polymer acceptor in high performance all-PSCs.
Compared to PNDI(2OD)2T, PNDI(2HD)2T exhibits a higher degree of crystalline behaviours. This facilitates superior 3D charge-transport between polymer donor and acceptor materials, resulting in enhanced device performance for all-PSCs.
When PNDI-bithiophene copolymers with different side-chain length were compared, the maximum µe,FET value was identified as 0.39, 1.22 and 1.90 cm2 V−1 s−1 for PNDI(2DT)2T, PNDI(2OD)2T, and PNDI(2HD)2T respectively .
Literature and Reviews
- Rationally Designed Donor–Acceptor Random Copolymers with Optimized Complementary Light Absorption for Highly Efficient All-Polymer Solar Cells, S. Kim et al., Adv. Funct. Mater., 27, 1703070 (2017); DOI: 10.1002/adfm.201703070.
- Side Chain Optimization of Naphthalenediimide–Bithiophene-Based Polymers to Enhance the Electron Mobility and the Performance in All-Polymer Solar Cells, W. Lee et al., Adv. Funct. Mater., 26, 1543–1553 (2016); DOI:10.1002/adfm.201504191.
- Controlling Molecular Orientation of Naphthalenediimide-Based Polymer Acceptors for High Performance All-Polymer Solar Cells, J. Jung et al., Adv. Energy Mater., 6 (15), 1600504 (2016), DOI:10.1002/aenm.201600504.
To the best of our knowledge the technical information provided here is accurate. However, Ossila assume no liability for the accuracy of this information. The values provided here are typical at the time of manufacture and may vary over time and from batch to batch.