DTS-EH-Sn, namely 4,4'-Bis(2-ethylhexyl)-5,5'-bis(trimethyltin)-dithieno[3,2-b:2,3-d]silole, is the intermediate for the synthesis of low bandgap semiconducting polymers such as PSBTBT and PBBTSiD which are widely used in OLED, OPV and OFET devices.
Compared to C-C bond, C–Si bond has larger bond length which could result in improved π-π stacking of the molecules. The greater C-Si bond length also can reduce steric hindrance from the bulky alkyl side chains thereby to increase semi-crystallinity of the polymers containing dithienosilole (DTS) unit in their backbones.
|Molecular weight||744.39 g/mol|
|Classification / Family||Dithienosilole (DTS) derivatives, Organic semiconducting materials, Semiconductor Synthesis, Low band gap polymers, Organic Photovoltaics.|
|Boiling point||Not available|
Literature and Reviews
- Synthesis and Photovoltaic Properties of Dithieno[3,2-b:2',3'-d]silole-Based conjugated copolymer, S. Wena et al., J. Mater. Chem. A, 3, 13794-13800 (2015); doi: 10.1039/C5TA01523E.
- Surface Initiated Polymerization of A-A/B-B Type Conjugated Monomers by Palladium Catalyzed Stille Polycondensation: Towards Low Band-Gap Polymer Brushes, H. Awada et al., RSC Adv., 5, 78436-78440 (2015); doi: 10.1039/C5RA08027D.
- Fluorinated low band gap copolymer based on dithienosilole-benzothiadiazole for high-performance photovoltaic device, H. Lv et al., Polym. Chem., 5, 6279-6286 (2014); doi: 10.1039/C4PY00758A.
- Sub-ns triplet state formation by non-geminate recombination in PSBTBT:PC70BM and PCPDTBT:PC60BM organic solar cells, F. Etzold et al., Energy Environ. Sci., 8, 1511--1522 (2015); DOI: 10.1039/c4ee03630a.
- Synthesis and Characterization of Bridged Bithiophene-Based Conjugated Polymers for Photovoltaic Applications: Acceptor Strength and Ternary Blends, C-H. Chen et al., Macromolecules, 43, 697–708 (2010); DOI: 10.1021/ma902206u.
Thionating Iso-diketopyrrolopyrrole-based Polymers: From P-type to Ambipolar Field Effect Transistors with Enhanced Charge Mobility, H. Zhang et al., Polym. Chem., 9, 1807-1814 (2018); doi: 10.1039/C8PY00292D.
To the best of our knowledge the technical information provided here is accurate. However, Ossila assume no liability for the accuracy of this information. The values provided here are typical at the time of manufacture and may vary over time and from batch to batch.