Order Code: M2095A1MSDS sheet
|Molecular weight||See Batch Details table above|
|HOMO / LUMO||HOMO = - 5.0 eV, LUMO = - 3.5 eV |
|Solubility||Chloroform, chlorobenzene, dichlorobenzene|
|Classification / Family||Dithienosilole, Organic semiconducting materials, Low band gap polymers, Organic photovoltaics, All-polymer solar cells, OFETs, Photodetectors|
PSBTBT, aslo kown as Si-PCPDTBT, is a low band-gap polymer semiconductor that has a large absorption band in the visible light spectrum. It also extends its absorption to near-IR region.
PSBTBT is semi-crystalline with a shorter π-π stacking distance due to its significantly longer C-Si bond. This reduces the steric hindrance between the bulky side chains and adjacent thiophene rings.
Literature and Reviews
- 8.91% Power Conversion Efficiency for Polymer Tandem Solar Cells, Abd. Rashid bin Mohd Yusoff et al., Adv. Funct. Mater., 24, 2240–2247 (2014); DOI: 10.1002/adfm.201303471.
- Efficient Exciton Harvesting through Long-Range Energy Transfer, Y. Wang et al., ChemPhysChem, 16, 1263–1267 (2015); DOI: 10.1002/cphc.201402740.
- Sub-ns triplet state formation by non-geminate recombination in PSBTBT:PC70BM and PCPDTBT:PC60BM organic solar cells, F. Etzold et al., Energy Environ. Sci., 2015, 8, 1511-1522 (2015); DOI: 10.1039/C4EE03630A (Paper)
- High-Performance Flexible Tandem Polymer Solar Cell Employing a Novel Cross-Linked Conductive Fullerene as an Electron Transport Layer, C-Y. Chang et al., Chem. Mater., 2015, 27 (5), pp 1869–1875; DOI: 10.1021/acs.chemmater.5b00161.
- What To Expect from Conducting Polymers on the Playground of Thermoelectricity: Lessons Learned from Four High-Mobility Polymeric Semiconductors. Q. Zhang et al., Macromolecules, 47 (2), 609–615 (2014); DOI: 10.1021/ma4020406.