Order Code: B391MSDS sheet
Note: This product has been used in our own lab by Ossila chemists for the synthesis of PBDD4T-2F.
|Molecular weight||527.86 g/mol|
|Classification / Family||Bithiophene, Thiophene, Heterocyclic five-membered ring, Organic semiconducting materials, Semiconductor synthesis, Low band-gap polymers, OFETs, OLED, Organic photovoltaics, Polymer solar cells|
Chemical structure of 3,3'-Difluoro-5,5'-bis(trimethylstannyl)-2,2'-bithiophene, CAS No. 1619967-09-7.
3,3'-Difluoro-5,5'-bis(trimethylstannyl)-2,2'-bithiophene is used for the synthesis of small molecules or polymer semiconductors in organic electronic applications, such as P(NDI2OD-T2F).
It is believed that, by introducing heteroatoms such as fluorine on the backbone of polymer structures, the crystalline properties of the conjugated polymers can be enhanced, resulting in a higher degree of orientation of such polymer structures with optimised domain size in blended thin films with either fullerene or non-fullerene acceptors.
Literature and Reviews
Effect of Alkyl Side Chains of Conjugated Polymer Donors on the Device
Performance of Non-Fullerene Solar Cells, D. Xia et al., Macromolecules, 49 (17), 6445–6454 (2016); DOI: 10.1021/acs.macromol.6b01326.
- High-Performance Non-Fullerene Polymer Solar Cells Based on a Pair of Donor–Acceptor Materials with Complementary Absorption Properties, H. Lin et al., Adv. Mater., 27, 7299–7304 (2015); DOI: 10.1002/adma.201502775.
- Controlling Energy Levels and Blend Morphology for All-Polymer Solar Cells via Fluorination of a Naphthalene Diimide-Based Copolymer Acceptor, M. A. Uddin et al., Macromolecules, 49 (17), 6374–6383 (2016); DOI: 10.1021/acs.macromol.6b01414.
- A Fluorinated Polythiophene Derivative with Stabilized Backbone Conformation for Highly Efficient Fullerene and Non-Fullerene Polymer Solar Cells, S. Zhang et al., Macromolecules, 49 (8), 2993–3000 (2016); DOI: 10.1021/acs.macromol.6b00248.
- Implication of Fluorine Atom on Electronic Properties, Ordering Structures, and Photovoltaic Performance in Naphthobisthiadiazole-Based Semiconducting Polymers, K. Kawashima et al., J. Am. Chem. Soc., 138 (32), 10265–10275 (2016); DOI: 10.1021/jacs.6b05418.
- Over 11% Efﬁciency in Tandem Polymer Solar Cells Featured by a Low-Band-Gap Polymer with Fine-Tuned Properties, Z. Zheng, Adv. Mater., 28, 5133–5138 (2016); DOI: 10.1002/adma.201600373.