Source Measure Unit Quickstart Guide
- Plug in the unit using the power and USB-B cables provided.
- The Source Measure Unit has two SMU channels (voltage source – current sense) and two Vsense channels (voltage sense).
- Connect to one of the channels using a BNC connector.
- Connect the other end of the cable to a device. Here, we are using a resistor as an example.
- The Front Panel software is included with the Source Measure Unit.
- Choose an applied voltage and an appropriate current range.
- Turn on the SMU.
- A light will show next to the SMU channel when it is turned on.
- The measured voltage and current are displayed in the Front Panel software.
- Now connect the SMU channel to an LED.
- Apply a current-voltage (IV) sweep using the IV Curve software.
- Choose the sweep parameters and click Measure.
- The LED will light up and the IV sweep will be measured.
- The data can then be saved to file.