Order Code: M2051A1MSDS sheet
PDPP4T-2F (PDQT-2F) is now available featuring:
- High molecular weight, high purity (PDPP4T-2F is purified by soxhlet extraction with methanol, hexane and chlorobenzene under argon atmosphere)
- Batch-specific GPC data (so you have confidence in what you are ordering and GPC data is always convenient for your thesis and publications)
- Larger-quantity orders (so you can plan your experiments with polymers from the same batch)
|M2051A1||5 g / 10 g*||Please enquire|
*for 5 - 10 grams order quantity, the lead time is 4-6 weeks.
*Our suggested processing solvent for M2051A1 is dichlorobenzene, due to its higher molecular weight. Molecular weights are estimated. Precise GPC data will be available soon.
|Full name||Poly[2,5-bis(2-octyldodecyl)pyrrolo[3,4-c]pyrrole-1,4(2H,5H)-dione -3,6-diyl)-alt-(3'',4'-difluoro[2,2’;5’,2’’;5’’,2’’’-quaterthiophen]-5,5’’’-diyl)]|
|Molecular weight||See Batch Details table above|
|HOMO / LUMO||HOMO = ~ 5.22 eV, LUMO = ~ 3.66 eV |
|Classification / Family||Quaterthiophene, Heterocyclic five-membered ring, Organic semiconducting materials, Low band gap polymers, Organic photovoltaics, Polymer solar cells, OFETs|
Poly[2,5-bis(2-octyldodecyl)pyrrolo[3,4-c]pyrrole-1,4(2H,5H)-dione -3,6-diyl)-alt-(3'',4'-difluoro[2,2’;5’,2’’;5’’,2’’’-quaterthiophen]-5,5’’’-diyl)] (PDPP4T-2F) is the fluorinated version of PDPP4T with a device performance PCE of 7.59% .
In comparison to PDPP4T, PDPP4T-2F has a deeper highest-occupied molecular orbital (HOMO) level, due to the electron-withdrawing nature of the fluorine atoms on the thiophene units. It has also been reported that apart from being more favorable for realising higher Voc due to its deeper HOMO energy level, PDPP4T-2F shows great potential in achieving a higher Jsc than PDPP4T in devices for its improved extinction coefficient.
Literature and Reviews
- Sequential Deposition: Optimization of Solvent Swelling for High-Performance Polymer Solar Cells, Y. Liu et al., ACS Appl. Mater. Interfaces, 7, 653-661 (2015); DOI: 10.1021/am506868g.
- Effect of Fluorination on Molecular Orientation of Conjugated Polymers in High Performance Field-Effect Transistors, A. Zhang et al., Macromolecules, 49 (17), 6431–6438 (2016); DOI: 10.1021/acs.macromol.6b01446.
- Over 11% Efficiency in Tandem Polymer Solar Cells Featured by a Low-Band-Gap Polymer with Fine-Tuned Properties, Z. Zheng et al., Adv. Mater., 28, 5133–5138 (2016); DOI: 10.1002/adma.201600373.