Order Code: M491MSDS sheet
|Molecular weight||823.08 g/mol|
|Absorption||λmax 292, 366, 408 nm in THF|
|Fluorescence||λem 596, 645 nm in THF|
|HOMO/LUMO||HOMO 5.08 eV; LUMO 2.67 eV |
|Classification / Family||Organometallic complex, phosphorescent red emitter, phosphorescence dopant OLEDs, polymer solar cells, sublimed materials|
|Melting point||> 300 °C|
*Sublimation is a technique used to obtain ultra pure grade chemicals to get rid of mainly trace metals and inorganic impurities. Sublimation happens under certain pressure for chemicals to only go through two physical stages from a solid sate to vapour (gas) and then the vapour condensed to a solid state on a cool surface (referred to as cold finger). The most typical examples of sublimation are iodine and dry ice. For more details about sublimation, please refer to sublimed materials for OLEDs and perovskites and our collection of sublimed materials.
Tris(2-(benzo[b]thiophen-2-yl)pyridineiridium, known as Ir(btpy)3, is an efficient red phosphorescent emitter (PHOLED) and is commonly used in organic light-emitting diodes and polymer solar cells as a dopant, and barometric pressure probes due to its sensitivity to oxygen .
Wang et al. demonstrated a higher Ir(btpy)3 doping concentration is beneficial to photon harvesting in the active layer but the interpenetrating network of P3HT:PCBM can be damaged through high temperature annealing treatment .
Literature and Reviews
- The Red Electroluminescence of Iridium Complex at Different Concentrations and Host Materials, W. Zhang et al., Appl. Mechanics and Mater., Ch. 2, 94-97 (2014); DIO: 10.4028/www.scientific.net/AMM.633-634.94.
- Structure–Property Relationship of Red- and Green-Emitting Iridium(III) Complexes with Respect to Their Temperature and Oxygen Sensitivity, N. Tian et al., Eur. J. Inorg. Chem. 2010, 4875–4885, DOI: 10.1002/ejic.201000610.
- Effect of Doping Phosphorescent Material and Annealing Treatment on the Performance of Polymer Solar Cells, Z. Wang et al., Inter. J. Photoenergy, 273586 (2013), http://dx.doi.org/10.1155/2013/273586.
- Red-green-blue polymer light-emitting diode pixels printed by optimized laser-induced forward transfer, J. Stewart et al., Appl. Phys. Lett. 100, 203303 (2012); http://dx.doi.org/10.1063/1.4717463.
- Homoleptic Cyclometalated Iridium Complexes with Highly Efficient Red Phosphorescence and Application to Organic Light-Emitting Diode, A. Tsuboyama et al., J. Am. Chem. Soc., 125, 12971-12979 (2003), DOI: 10.1021/ja034732d.
- Photopolymerization of N-Vinylcarbazole Using Visible-Light Harvesting Iridium Complexes as Photoinitiators, J. Lalevee et al., Macromolecules 45, 4134−4141 (2012), dx.doi.org/10.1021/ma3005229.