IDIC-4F, a fluorinated analog of IDIC, shows an A-D-A type structure. The structure has an electron-donating fused five-member-ring indaceno[1,2-b:5,6-b′]dithiophene (IDT) core, terminated by two electron-withdrawing units, 2-(5,6-difluoro-3-oxo-2,3-dihydro-1H-inden-1-ylidene)malononitrile (IC-2F).
All small molecule organic solar cells (SM-OSCs) with H14 as a small molecule donor and IDIC-4F as electron acceptor have an easy to fabricate and simple structure. Such devices have been shown to give a device performance efficiency over 12.1% which is the highest efficiency reported for IDIC-4F-based SM-OSCs.
Device structure: ITO/PEDOT:PSS/H14:IDIC-4F/PDINO/Al 
|Thickness (nm)||VOC(V)||JSC(mA cm-2)||FF (%)||PCE(%)|
|Form||Dark purple red powder/crystals|
|Molecular weight||1083.35 g/mol|
|Absorption||λmax 707 nm (Film)|
|HOMO / LUMO||HOMO = -6.30 eV, LUMO = -3.82 eV |
|Classification / Family||NFAs, n-type non-fullerene electron acceptors, Organic semiconducting materials, Low band-gap small molecule, Small molecular acceptor, Organic photovoltaics, Polymer solar cells, NF-PSCs.|
MSDS DocumentationIDIC-4F MSDS Sheet
Literature and Reviews
- Di-fluorinated Oligothiophenes for High-Efficiency All-Small-Molecule Organic Solar Cells: Positional Isomeric Effect of Fluorine Substitution on Performance Variations, T. Duan et al., Solar RRL, 4 (3), 2019; doi: 10.1002/solr.201900472.
- Precise Control of Phase Separation Enables 12% Efficiency in All Small Molecule Solar Cells, H. Bin et al., Adv. Energy Mater., 2001589 (2020); DOI: 10.1002/aenm.202001589.
- As-cast ternary polymer solar cells based on a nonfullerene acceptor and its fluorinated counterpart showing improved efficiency and good thickness tolerance, F. Pan et al., J. Mater. Chem. A, 7, 9798-9806 (2019); doi: 10.1039/C9TA01003C.
- Simple non-fused electron acceptors for efficient and stable organic solar cells, Z. Yu et al., Nat Commun 10, 2152 (2019); doi: 10.1038/s41467-019-10098-z.
- Deciphering the Role of Fluorination: Morphological Manipulation Prompts Charge Separation and Reduces Carrier Recombination in All‐Small‐Molecule Photovoltaics, H. Tang et al., Solar RRL, 4 (4), 1900528 (2019); doi: 10.1002/solr.201900528.
To the best of our knowledge the information provided here is accurate. However, Ossila assume no liability for the accuracy of this page. The values provided are typical at the time of manufacture and may vary over time and from batch to batch. All products are for laboratory and research and development use only, and may not be used for any other purpose including health care, pharmaceuticals, cosmetics, food or commercial applications.