|Molecular weight||173 g/mol|
|Synonyms||EAI, Ethylamine hydroiodide, Ethanamine hydriodide|
|Classification / Family||Alkylammonium halides, Perovskite precursor materials, Perovskite solar cells, Perovskite LEDs|
Ethylammonium iodide (EAI), like methylammonium iodide, is a precursor used for high-efficiency pervoskite solar cells and LEDs.
(CH3CH2NH3)PbI3 has valence band position at 5.6 eV with an optical band-gap of ca.2.2 eV . In comparison, (CH3NH3)PbI3 has a valence band position at 5.4 eV with an optical band-gap of 1.5 eV. The difference is due to the larger cation effect of (CH3CH2NH3)PbI3, resulting in less conjugation to the lead iodide to widen the band-gap of the perovskite structure.
Literature and Reviews
- High-performance and high-durability perovskite photovoltaic devices prepared using ethylammonium iodide as an additive, H. Hsu et al., J. Mater. Chem. A, 3, 9271-9277 (2015); DOI: 10.1039/C5TA01563D.
- Synthesis, structure, and photovoltaic property of a nanocrystalline 2H perovskite-type novel sensitizer (CH3CH2NH3)PbI3, J. Im et al., Nanoscale Res. Lett., 7, 353 (2012); https://doi.org/10.1186/1556-276X-7-353.
- Cesium-doped methylammonium lead iodide perovskite light absorber for hybrid solar cells, H. Choi et al., Nano Energy 7, 80–85 (2014); https://doi.org/10.1016/j.nanoen.2014.04.017.
- The emergence of perovskite solar cells, M. A. Green et al., Nat. Photonics 8, 506–514 (2014); doi:10.1038/nphoton.2014.134.
- Formamidinium lead trihalide: a broadly tunable perovskite for efficient planar heterojunction solar cells, G. E. Eperon et al., Energy Environ. Sci., 7, 982-988 (2014); DOI: 10.1039/C3EE43822H.
To the best of our knowledge the technical information provided here is accurate. However, Ossila assume no liability for the accuracy of this information. The values provided here are typical at the time of manufacture and may vary over time and from batch to batch.