Order Code: M2094A1MSDS sheet
|Molecular weight||430.56 g/mol|
|Absorption||λmax 473 nm (in THF)|
|Fluorescence||λem 506 nm (in THF)|
|HOMO/LUMO||HOMO = 5.6 eV, LUMO = 3.0 eV |
|Synonyms||10-(2-Benzothiazolyl)-2,3,6,7-tetrahydro-1,1,7,7-tetramethyl-1H,5H,11H-(1)benzopyropyrano(6,7-8-I,j)quinolizin-11-one, Coumarin 545T|
|Classification / Family||Coumarins, Electron transport-layer (ETL) materials, Green dopant materials, Organic Light-Emitting Diodes (OLEDs), Organic photovoltaics (OPV), Organic electronics, Laser dyes, Sublimed materials|
|TGA||228°C, Td ≥ 250 oC (5% weight loss)|
|Colour||Pale yellow - Yellow red powder/crystals|
*Sublimation is a technique used to obtain ultra pure-grade chemicals. For more details about sublimation, please refer to the Sublimed Materials for OLED devices page.
C545T (also known as Coumarin 545T) is a family member of Coumarins.
Coumarins have been studied extensively for their applications in electronic and photonic devices. They possess high emission yield, excellent photo-stability, variable absorption range, and good solubility. As such, coumarins are widely used as fluorescence probes, charge-transfer materials, and dyes for OLEDs, OPV and laser dye applications
C545T is commonly used for highly-efficient OLED devices as a green-emitting dopant and electron transport host material. With four methyl groups and enhanced solubility, Coumarin 545T is also used in laser dyes with increased laser conversion efficiencies at higher concentrations.
ITO /Mg (1 nm)/Cs2O:Bphen (11 nm)/Alq3 (30 nm)/C545T:Alq3 (30 nm)/NPB (60 nm)/WO3 (5 nm)/Al 
|Max. Current Efficiency||23.7 cd/A|
|Max. Power Efficiency||12.4 lm W−1|
Fluorocarbon coated ITO/NPB (60nm) /0.8% C545T doped TPBA (940 nm) /DBzA (20 nm) /LiF (1 nm)/Al 
|Max. Current Efficiency||29.8 cd/A|
|Max. Power Efficiency||32.3 lm W−1|
ITO/MoO3 (10 nm)/PEDOT:PSS (30 nm)/NPB(25 nm)/Alq3:C545T (35 nm)/Alq3 (35 nm)/LiF (1 nm)/Al (120 nm) 
|Max. Current Efficiency||23.4 cd/A|
|Device structure||ITO/MoO3 (1 nm)/C545T-Alq3 (100 nm)/LiF (1 nm)/Al (100 nm) |
|Max. Luminance||26,750 cd/m2|
|Current Efficiency@100cd/m2||12.8 cd/A|
ITO/TAPC (40 nm)/ TAPC:DPTPCz:0.2 wt% C545T (30 nm)/TmPyPB (50 nm)/LiF (1 nm)/Al (100 nm) 
|Max. Current Efficiency||44.0 cd/A|
|Max. Power Efficiency||46.1lm W−1|
Literature and Review
- Highly efficient and stable inverted bottom-emission organic light emitting devices, T-Y. Chu et al., Appl. Phys. Lett., 89, 053503 (2006); doi: 10.1063/1.2268923.
- Green fluorescent organic light-emitting device with external quantum efficiency of nearly 10%, K. Okumoto et al., Appl. Phys. Lett., 89, 063504 (2006); doi: 10.1063/1.2266452.
- High-efficiency fluorescent organic light-emitting diodes with MoO3 and PEDOT:PSS composition film as a hole injection layer, H. Zhang et al., J. Mater. Chem. C, 2, 9620 (2014); DOI: 10.1039/c4tc01310g.
- Efficient Single-Layer Organic Light-Emitting Diodes Based on C545T-Alq3 System, Z. Liu et al., J. Phys. Chem. C, 114, 11931–11935 (2010); DOI: 10.1021/jp101269r.
- Nearly 100% Triplet Harvesting in Conventional Fluorescent Dopant-Based Organic Light-Emitting Devices Through Energy Transfer from Exciplex, X. Liu et al., Adv. Mater., 27, 2025–2030 (2015); DOI: 10.1002/adma.201500013.