Molybdenum Diselenide Monolayer Film
High quality and high purity MoSe2 Monolayer Film
For applications in tunnel FETs and optoelectronic devices
Monolayer MoSe2 film has a direct bandgap of about 1.5 eV, making it one of the most desirable 2D-layered structures in photovoltaic single-junction solar cells and photoelectrochemical cells. Monolayer MoSe2 film consists of two layers of Se atoms, with one layer of Mo atoms sandwiched in the middle (Se-Mo-Se).
Having a direct optical band gap of 1.48 eV with a photoluminescence peak at 840 nm, molybdenum diselenide monolayer film is ideal for applications in optoelectronics.
Also, with with its narrower bandgap, higher optical absorbance and larger spin-splitting energy than MoS2, MoSe2 ultrathin films are potentially better than MoS2 for the applications in tunnel FETs and optoelectronic devices.
High-quality molybdenum diselenide monolayer film was grown directly on the substrates (SiO2/Si) by the chemical vapour deposition (CVD) method.
MoSe2 monolayer film can be used for research purposes such as microscopic analysis, photoluminescence and Raman spectroscopy studies. Monolayer MoSe2 film can also be transferred to other substrates.
Platinum FET Test Chips for 2D Materials
- World-Wide Shipping
- Dual Channel Electrodes
Buy Online £200
|Molecular Weight||253.86 g/mol|
|Bandgap||1.41 - 1.58 eV|
|Synonyms||Molybdenum(IV) selenide, Molybdenum selenide|
|Classification / Family||Transition metal dichalcogenides (TMDCs), 2D semiconductor Materials, Nano-electronics, Nano-photonics, Electrochemical energy storage system, Materials science|
|Size||1 cm × 1 cm*|
|Growth Method||CVD synthesis|
|Number of Layers||1|
|Transfer Method||Directly grown|
|Substrate Thickness||300 nm (oxide layer)|
*Other sizes available: up to 2 cm × 2 cm.
High-quality molybdenum diselenide (MoSe2) monolayer films are available on SiO2/Si as standard. Different substrates of monolayer MoSe2 films, including Sapphire, Glass, Silicon and Quartz are also available via custom order.
Discontinuous isolated triangular crystals (crystal islands) films are also available via custom request. Please contact us for more information regarding custom products.
|Substrate||Product Code||Size||Quantity (EA)||Price|
|SiO2/Si||M2169F11||1 cm × 1 cm||1||£640|
Literature and Reviews
- CVD synthesis of large-area, highly crystalline MoSe2 atomic layers on diverse substrates and application to photodetectors, J. Xia et al., Nanoscale, 6, 8949 (2014); DOI: 10.1039/c4nr02311k.
- Large-area synthesis of monolayer MoSe2 films on SiO2/Si substrates by atmospheric pressure chemical vapor deposition, Y. Zhao et al., RSC Adv., 7, 27969 (2017); DOI: 10.1039/c7ra03642f.
- Large-Area Synthesis of Monolayer and Few-Layer MoSe2 Films on SiO2 Substrates, X. Lu et al., Nano Lett. 2014, 14, 2419−2425 (2014); DIO: 10.1021/nl5000906.
- Large-Area Single-Layer MoSe2 and Its van der Waals Heterostructures, G. Shim et al., ACS Nano, 2014, 8 (7), 6655–6662 (2014); DIO: 10.1021/nn405685j.
- Chemical Vapor Deposition Growth of Crystalline Monolayer MoSe2, X. Wang et al., ACS Nano, 8 (5), 5125–5131 (2014); DOI: 10.1021/nn501175k.
- Monolayer MoSe2 Grown by Chemical VaporDeposition for Fast Photodetection, Y. Chang et al., ACS Nano, 8 (8), 8582–8590 (2014); DOI: 10.1021/nn503287m.
- Direct observation of the transition from indirect to direct bandgap in atomically thin epitaxial MoSe2, Y. Zhang et al., Nat. nanotech., 9, 111-115 (2014); DOI: 10.1038/NNANO.2013.277.
To the best of our knowledge the information provided here is accurate. However, Ossila assume no liability for the accuracy of this page. The values provided are typical at the time of manufacture and may vary over time and from batch to batch. Products may have minor cosmetic differences (e.g. to the branding) compared to the photos on our website. All products are for laboratory and research and development use only, and may not be used for any other purpose including health care, military, pharmaceuticals, cosmetics, food, or commercial applications.