PFN-I is the diiodide salt of PFN, and is a conjugated polymer electrolyte (CPE). It is commonly used as an electron-interface layer material in organic electronic devices (including OLED, OPV and perovskite solar cells) to improve extraction efficiency. PFN-I is also used as an active layer material for blue OLED devices.
It is believed that the device performance of polymer LEDs with bilayer cathodes (such as. PFN-I/Al), can be enhanced to levels comparable to (and even higher than) those obtained from using Ca or Ba cathodes .
Due to its strong polar ionic pendant groups, PFN-I is soluble in methanol and water.
|EL Polymer||Cathode||Luminance (cd m -2)||QE (%)||LE (Cd A-1)|
|Full name||Poly[9,9-dioctyl-9',9'-bis[3-(trimethylammonio)propyl][2,2'-bi-9H-fluorene]-7,7'-diyl iodide|
|Chemical formula||(C54H76N2)n 2I|
|Classification/Family||Conjugated polymers, Polymer electrolyte, Polyfluorenes, Electron interface layer materials, OLED, OPV, Perovskite materials|
||34.4 kDa||1.8||In Stock|
Literature and References
- Efficient Electron Injection from a Bilayer Cathode Consisting of Aluminum and Alcohol-/Water-Soluble Conjugated Polymers, H. Wu et al., Adv. Mater., 16, 1826–1830 (2004), DOI: 10.1002/adma.200400067.
- Bimolecular Excited-State Electron Transfer with Surprisingly Long-Lived Radical Ions, A. A. Alsam et al., J. Phys. Chem. C 2015, 119, 21896−21903 (2015); DOI: 10.1021/acs.jpcc.5b06636.
- High-performance semi-transparent polymer solar cells possessing tandem structures, C. Chen et al., Energy. Environ. Sci., 6, 2714-2720( 2013); DOI: 10.1039/c3ee40860d.
- Water/alcohol soluble conjugated polymers for the interface engineering of highly efficient polymer light-emitting diodes and polymer solar cells, Z. Hu et al., Chem. Commun., 51, 5572 (2015); DOI: 10.1039/c4cc09433f.
- Overview of high-efficiency organic photovoltaic materials and devices, Renew. Sust. Energ. Rev., 52, 1527–1538 (2015); DOI: 10.1016/j.rser.2015.08.032.
To the best of our knowledge the information provided here is accurate. However, Ossila assume no liability for the accuracy of this page. The values provided are typical at the time of manufacture and may vary over time and from batch to batch. All products are for laboratory and research and development use only, and may not be used for any other purpose including health care, pharmaceuticals, cosmetics, food or commercial applications.