How to Clean the Laminar Flow Hood
To ensure the cleanliness of your laminar flow hood, it is essential to use the following steps:
- Begin by applying a disinfectant spray to the air at least 10 minutes before commencing any work. This step serves to neutralize charges on colloidal particles, causing them to precipitate from the air.
- Immediately before commencing cleaning, thoroughly spray the hood's surfaces with a suitable cleaning solution, such as a 70% ethanol solution or an 80% isopropanol solution.
Use a clean room tissue or a microfiber cloth to wipe down all surfaces. It is crucial to start with the cleanest areas and progress towards the dirtier sections to prevent the spread of contaminants. In the case of a vertical laminar flow hood, begin by cleaning the back wall. If using a horizontal laminar flow hood, the ceiling panel should be addressed first.
- Clean the side walls by moving your cloth or tissue from side to side, working from top to bottom.
- Always leave the floor panel to be cleaned last. Again, follow a motion from the back to the front. During this phase, make sure to change the cloth or tissue regularly.
- It is vital not to attempt to clean the filter panel, as this could disrupt the laminar flow hood's functionality and contaminate your workspace.
Laminar Flow Hoods
- Vertical/Horizontal Models
- Fully Equipped
- High Purity Air
Available Now! £2,500