Tungsten Disulfide (WS2) Monolayer Film
High purity tungsten disulfide monolayer film
For applications in electronic and optoelectronic devices
Tungsten disulfide (WS2) monolayer films supersede MoS2 with their superior optical properties, as measured by photoluminescent quantum yield (PLQY) and line-widths. With even larger spin-orbit coupling and nearly three times larger valence band splitting, WS2 monolayer films may exhibit larger band edge spin splittings, stronger valley-Hall effect, and magnetic field effects for optoelectronic and spintronic functionalities.
Tungsten disulfide monolayer films show a much higher photoluminescence efficiency and narrower emission line-width than MoS2. Monolayer WS2 films have been widely used in electronic and optoelectronic devices, such as in photovoltaic, FETs, photodetectors, and valleytronic applications.
High-quality tungsten disulfide monolayer films are grown directly on the substrates (sapphire) by the chemical vapour deposition (CVD) method.
WS2 monolayer films can be used in research purposes such as microscopic analysis, photoluminescence, and Raman spectroscopy studies. Monolayer WS2 films can also be transferred to other substrates.
Platinum FET Test Chips for 2D Materials
- World-Wide Shipping
- Dual Channel Electrodes
Buy Online £180
|Molecular Weight||247.97 g/mol|
|Bandgap||1.4 - 2.01 eV|
|Synonyms||Tungsten sulphide, Tungsten sulfide, Tungsten(IV) sulfide|
|Classification / Family||Transition metal dichalcogenides (TMDCs), 2D semiconductor materials, Nano-electronics, Nano-photonics, Materials science|
|Size||1 cm × 1 cm*|
|Growth Method||CVD synthesis|
|Number of Layers||1|
|Transfer Method||Directly grown|
|Substrate Thickness||300 µm|
* Other sizes available: 2 cm × 2 cm, or 2 inches in diameter, 4 inches in diameter custom-made sizes. Please contact us for more details.
High-quality tungsten disulfide monolayer film is available as a directly-grown film on sapphire. Different sizes and substrates of monolayer WS2 films are also available via custom order. Discontinuous isolated triangular crystals (crystal islands) films are also available on request, please contact us for more details.
- Glass (1 cm × 1 cm, 2 cm × 2 cm or custom-made sizes)
- Silicon (1 cm × 1 cm, 2 cm × 2 cm or custom-made sizes)
- Quartz (1 cm × 1 cm, 2 cm × 2 cm or custom-made sizes)
- SiO2 /Si (1 cm × 1 cm, 2 cm × 2 cm or custom-made sizes)
- Copper (1 cm × 1 cm, 2 cm × 2 cm or custom-made sizes)
|Product Code||Substrate||Size||Quantity (EA)||Price|
|M2171F11||Sapphire||1 cm × 1 cm||1||£380|
Literature and Reviews
- Synthesis and Optical Properties of Large-Area Single-Crystalline 2D Semiconductor WS 2 Monolayer from Chemical Vapor Deposition, C. Cong et al., Adv. Optical Mater., 2, 131–136 (2014); DOI: 10.1002/adom.201300428.
- Large-area synthesis of monolayer WS2 and its ambient-sensitive photo-detecting performance, C. Lan et al, Nanoscale, 7, 5974 (2015); DOI: 10.1039/c5nr01205h.
- Electronic properties of WS, monolayer films, A. Klein et al., Thin Solid Films, 380, 221-223 (2000); DIO: 10.1016/S0040-6090(00)01510-8.
- Extraordinary Room-Temperature Photoluminescence in Triangular WS2 Monolayers, H. Gutiérrez et al., Nano Lett., 13 (8), 3447–3454 (2013); DOI: 10.1021/nl3026357.
- Enhanced Photoluminescence of Monolayer WS2 on Ag Films and Nanowire–WS2–Film Composites, F. Cheng et al., ACS Photonics, 4 (6), 1421–1430 (2017); DOI: 10.1021/acsphotonics.7b00152.
- Controlled Growth of High-Quality Monolayer WS2 Layers on Sapphire and Imaging Its Grain Boundary, Y. Zhang et al., ACS Nano, 7 (10), 8963–8971 (2013); DOI: 10.1021/nn403454e.
- Synthesis and Transfer of Large-Area Monolayer WS2 Crystals: Moving Toward the Recyclable Use of Sapphire Substrates, Z. Xu et al., ACS Nano, 9 (6), 6178–6187 (2015); DOI: 10.1021/acsnano.5b01480.
To the best of our knowledge the information provided here is accurate. However, Ossila assume no liability for the accuracy of this page. The values provided are typical at the time of manufacture and may vary over time and from batch to batch. All products are for laboratory and research and development use only, and may not be used for any other purpose including health care, pharmaceuticals, cosmetics, food or commercial applications.