Thieno[3,2-b]thiophene-2-carbonitrile, high purity monomer
Used to adjust the bandgap of organic polymer semiconducting materials
Thieno[3,2-b]thiophene-2-carbonitrile, also known as 2-Cyanothieno[3,2-b]thiophene, belongs to the family of fused thiopehenes which are electron-rich and structurally rigid with extended π-conjugation. They are good candidates for adjusting the band gap of organic polymer semiconducting materials. Thieno[3,2-b]thiophene-2-carbonitrile is used as an intermediate for the synthesis of small molecules and polymers in the application of organic field-effect transistors (OFETs), and as organic photovoltaic devices (OPV) interface layers as HTL or ETL materials.
|Molecular weight||165.23 g/mol|
|Classification / Family||Thiophene, Thienothiophene, Fused thiophene, Heterocyclic five-membered ring, Organic materials, Semiconductor synthesis, Low band gap polymers, OFETs, Organic photovoltaics, Polymer solar cells|
|Melting point||48-50 °C|
Literature and Reviews
- Thieno[3,2-b]thiophene-diketopyrrolopyrrole-containing polymers for high-performance organic field-effect transistors and organic photovoltaic devices, H. Bronstein et al., J. Am. Chem. Soc., 133 (10), 3272–3275 (2011), DOI: 10.1021/ja110619k.
- Alkyl Chain Extension as a Route to Novel Thieno[3,2-b]thiophene Flanked Diketopyrrolopyrrole Polymers for Use in Organic Solar Cells and Field Effect Transistors, I. Meager et al., Macromolecules, 46 (15), 5961–5967 (2013), DOI: 10.1021/ma401128s.
- Photocurrent Enhancement from Diketopyrrolopyrrole Polymer Solar Cells through Alkyl-Chain Branching Point Manipulation, I. Meager et al.,, J. Am. Chem. Soc., 135 (31), 11537–11540 ( 2013 ), DOI: 10.1021/ja406934j.
- Thieno[3,2-b]thiophene-Diketopyrrolopyrrole-Based Quinoidal Small Molecules: Synthesis, Characterization, Redox Behavior, and n-Channel Organic Field-Effect Transistors, C. Wang et al., Chem. Eur. J., 20, 13755 – 13761 (2014), DOI: 10.1002/chem.201403037.
- Bis(thienothiophenyl) Diketopyrrolopyrrole-Based Conjugated Polymers with Various Branched Alkyl Side Chains and Their Applications in Thin-Film Transistors and Polymer Solar Cells, J. Shin et al., ACS Appl. Mater. Interfaces, 7 (5), 3280–3288 (2015), DOI: 10.1021/am508026s.
- Correlation of structure and photovoltaic performance of benzo[1,2-b:4,5-b′]dithiophene copolymers alternating with different acceptors, J. Yu et al., New J. Chem., 39, 2248-2255 (2015), DIO: 10.1039/C4NJ02192D.
To the best of our knowledge the information provided here is accurate. However, Ossila assume no liability for the accuracy of this page. The values provided are typical at the time of manufacture and may vary over time and from batch to batch. All products are for laboratory and research and development use only, and may not be used for any other purpose including health care, pharmaceuticals, cosmetics, food or commercial applications.