t-Butylammonium bromide, high purity perovskite precursor
Used to alter perovskite structures to promote material solubility and device stability
Bearing a tert-butyl bulky group, t-butylammonium bromide (tBABr) is commonly used to alter perovskite structures to promote material solubility and device stability - by making them less sensitive to moisture (compared to 3D methylammonium-based perovskites).
Plate-like 2D-phase crystallites were observed standing up between the 3D perovskite grains, and crystallinity was remarkably enhanced by precursors with bulky alkyl groups present in the perovskite structure.
|Molecular weight||154.05 g/mol|
|Classification / Family||Alkylammonium halides, Perovskite precursor materials, Perovskite solar cells, Perovskite LEDs|
Literature and reviews
- A layered hybrid perovskite solar-cell absorber with enhanced moisture stability, I. C. Smith et al., Angew. Chem. Int. Edn 53, 11232–11235 (2014); DOI: 10.1002/ange.201406466.
- 2D homologous perovskites as light-absorbing materials for solar cell applications, D. H. Cao et al., J. Am. Chem. Soc. 137, 7843–7850 (2015); DOI: 10.1021/jacs.5b03796.
- Efficient ambient-air-stable solar cells with 2D–3D heterostructured butylammonium-caesium-formamidinium lead halide perovskites, Z. Wang et al., Nat. Energy, 6 17135 (2017); doi:10.1038/nenergy.2017.135.
- Extremely efficient internal exciton dissociation through edge states in layered 2D perovskites, J.-C. Blancon et al., Science, 10.1126/science.aal4211 (2017); DOI: 10.1126/science.aal4211.
- Efficient perovskite light-emitting diodes featuring nanometre-sized crystallites, Z. Xiao et al., Nat. Photonics, 11, 108–115 (2017); doi:10.1038/nphoton.2016.269.
To the best of our knowledge the information provided here is accurate. However, Ossila assume no liability for the accuracy of this page. The values provided are typical at the time of manufacture and may vary over time and from batch to batch. All products are for laboratory and research and development use only, and may not be used for any other purpose including health care, pharmaceuticals, cosmetics, food or commercial applications.