PTEBS Water Soluble Polythiophenes
PTEBS, enhances performance of hybrid solar cells
Can be tuned to improve efficiences for photovoltaic device performance
PTEBS, sodium poly[2-(3-thienyl)-ethoxy-4-butylsulfonate], is a water soluble, environmentally friendly conjugated polythiophene and it has proven to be effective for enhancing the performance of hybrid solar cells.
Absorption spectrum of the PTEBS can be tuned by acid doping. When PTEBS is acidified, self doping happens and it leads to optical and infrared absorption changes with increased conductivity. These new absorption bands in return could improve efficiencies for photovoltaic device performance.
PTEBS can also be employed as a cathode interfacial material for perovskite solar cells. Ultrathin coating of PTEBs can lead to effective energy level aligning with improved film morphology. With a better ohmic contact between the perovskite layer and the cathode, device charge extraction and transport can be enhanced.
|Absorption*||λmax 390 nm (in water)|
|HOMO/LUMO||HOMO = 5.2 eV, LUMO = 3.2 eV |
|Synonyms||Poly[2-(3-thienyl)ethoxy-4-butylsulfonate], sodium salt|
|Classification / Family||Polymer thiophenes, Water soluble polythiophenes, Organic polymer solar cells, Organic electronics.|
|Thermogravimetric Analysis (TGA)||Not available|
|Appearance||Brownish red powder/fiber|
Literature and Reviews
- Hybrid TiO2 Solar Cells Produced from Aerosolized Nanoparticles of Water-Soluble Polythiophene Electron Donor Layer, M. Sweet et al., J. Solar Energy, 192812 (2014); doi: 10.1155/2014/192812.
- Green-solvent-processable organic solar cells, S. Zhang et al., Mater. Today, 19 (9), 533-543 (2016); doi: 10.1016/j.mattod.2016.02.019 533.
- Hybrid Solar Cells fromWater-Soluble Polymers, J. T. McLeskey Jr. et al., Inter. J. Photoenergy, 20951, 1–6 (2006); DOI 10.1155/IJP/2006/20951.
- A donor–acceptor–donor-type conjugated polymer-modified TiO2 with enhanced photocatalytic activity under simulated sunlight and natural sunlight, Y. Wang et al., J. Mater. Sci., (2017) 52:4820–4832 (2017); DOI 10.1007/s10853-016-0717-7.
- Water Soluble Polymeric Interfacial Material for Planar Perovskite Solar Cells, L. Zheng et al., ACS Appl. Mater. Interfaces, 9 (16), 14129-14135 (2017); doi: 10.1021/acsami.7b00576.
To the best of our knowledge the information provided here is accurate. However, Ossila assume no liability for the accuracy of this page. The values provided are typical at the time of manufacture and may vary over time and from batch to batch. All products are for laboratory and research and development use only, and may not be used for any other purpose including health care, pharmaceuticals, cosmetics, food or commercial applications.