CAS Number 1415929-80-4
Fast and secure
PBDB-T (PCE12) Polymer Donor
High performing donor polymer for OPVs, available with batch-specific data
PBDB-T (PCE12) is one of the highest-performing donor polymers for OPVs, having reported efficiencies exceeding 12% and a certified efficiency approaching 11%. These efficiencies were achieved when PBDB-T was used in conjunction with recently-reported non-fullerene acceptors (NFAs, including ITIC) in inverted architecture devices. These devices also exhibited excellent thermal stability, making the combination a promising candidate for the proposed 10/10 target of 10% efficiency and 10-year lifetimes.
PBDB-T (PCE12) from Ossila was used in the high-impact paper (IF 29.37), Sequentially Deposited versus Conventional Nonfullerene Organic Solar Cells: Interfacial Trap States, Vertical Stratification, and Exciton Dissociation, J. Zhang et al., Adv. Energy Mater., 1902145 (2019); DOI: 10.1002/aenm.201902145.
PBTB-T (PCE12) is easy to process, simplifying device fabrication while simultaneously providing high performance. Due to good HOMO alignment with the valence band of commonly-used perovskites, this polymer could also be potentially used as a hole-transporting material in perovskite solar cells .
Luminosyn™ PBDB-T (PCE12)
Luminosyn™ PBDB-T (PCE12) is now available.
PBDB-T is purified by Soxhlet extraction with methanol, hexane and chlorobenzene under an argon atmosphere
Batch-specific GPC data
Batch specific GPC data is always available for your thesis or publication
Plan your experiments with confidence with polymers from the same batch
|HOMO / LUMO||HOMO = -5.33 eV, LUMO = -2.92 eV |
|Solubility||Chloroform and chlorobenzene|
|Processing solvent||Chlorobenzene - M1001A3, Chlorobenzene : Dichlorobenzene (1:1) - M1001A4|
|Classification / Family||
Organic semiconducting materials, Medium band-gap polymers, Organic Photovoltaics, Polymer solar cells, Perovskite solar cells, Hole-transport layer materials, NF-PSCs, All-polymer solar cells (all-pscs).
The device structure of the certified devices was ITO / ZnO (30 nm) / PBDB-T:ITIC (100 nm) / MoO3 (10 nm) / Al (100 nm), with PBDB-T:ITIC solution details as follows:
- Blend ratio: 1:1,
- Concentration: 20 mg/ml,
- Solvent: Chlorobenzene
- Additive: 0.5% Diiodooctane.
|M1001A||5 g / 10 g*||Please enquire|
*for 5 - 10 grams order quantity, the lead time is 4-6 weeks.
Literature and Reviews
- Energy-Level Modulation of Small-Molecule Electron Acceptors to Achieve over 12% Efficiency in Polymer Solar Cells, S. Li et al, Adv. Mater., 28, 9423–9429 (2016); DOI: 10.1002/adma.201602776.
- Ternary Polymer Solar Cells based on Two Acceptors and One Donor for Achieving 12.2% Efficiency, W. Zhao et al., Adv. Mater., 29, 1604059 (2017); DOI: 10.1002/adma.201604059.
- Fullerene-Free Polymer Solar Cells with over 11% Efﬁciency and Excellent Thermal Stability, W. Zhao et al., Adv. Mater., 28, 4734–4739 (2016); DOI: 10.1002/adma.201600281.
- Efficient Fullerene-Free Polymer Solar Cells Based on Alkylthio Substituted Conjugated Polymers, Q. Wang et al., J. Phys. Chem. C, 121 (9), 4825–4833 (2017); DOI: 10.1021/acs.jpcc.6b11848.
- Fine-Tuned Photoactive and Interconnection Layers for Achieving over 13% Efficiency in a Fullerene-Free Tandem Organic Solar Cell, Y. Cui et al., J. Am. Chem. Soc., 139 (21), 7302–7309 (2017); DOI: 10.1021/jacs.7b01493.
To the best of our knowledge the information provided here is accurate. The values provided are typical at the time of manufacture and may vary over time and from batch to batch. Products may have minor cosmetic differences (e.g. to the branding) compared to the photos on our website. All products are for laboratory and research and development use only.