Molybdenum Disulfide Monolayer Film
CAS Number 1317-33-5
Fast and secure
Please choose the appropriate MSDS from the list below. Links will open in a new window. If your browser does not support PDFs, you will be prompted to download the file instead.
MoS2 Monolayer Film, for applications in electronic and optoelectronic devices
High quality and available online for fast, secure dispatch
Molybdenum disulfide (MoS2) monolayer film is a direct bandgap semiconductor. When in bulk form however, this material has an indirect bandgap. The photoluminescence of MoS2 films increases with decreasing layer thickness. This means that luminescence is strongest in monolayer films, while it is absent in bulk material.
>99% Purity Molybdenum Monolayer Film Film
Quick and reliable shipping
Low Cost Molybdenum Disulfide
Applications in electronic and optoelectronic devices
Molybdenum disulfide monolayer films can be built into electronic and optoelectronic devices such as photovoltaic solar cells, FETs, sensors, and photodetectors.
High-quality molybdenum disulfide monolayer films were grown directly on the substrates (SiO2/Si and Sapphire) by the chemical vapour deposition (CVD) method. The films were later transferred to the desired substrates using wet chemical transfer process.
MoS2 monolayer film can be used in research purposes such as microscopic analysis, photoluminescence, and Raman spectroscopy studies. MoS2 few-layer film can also be transferred to other substrates.
Platinum FET Test Chips for 2D Materials
- World-Wide Shipping
- Dual Channel Electrodes
Buy Online £200
|Molecular Weight||160.07 g/mol|
|Synonyms||Molybdenum sulfide, Molybdenum disulphide, Molybdenum(IV) sulfide|
|Classification / Family||Transition metal dichalcogenides (TMDCs), 2D semiconductor materials, Nano-electronics, Nano-photonics, Materials science|
|Size||1 cm × 1 cm*||1 cm × 1 cm*||1 cm × 1 cm*|
|Growth Method||CVD synthesis||CVD synthesis||CVD synthesis|
|Number of Layers||1||1||n.a.|
|Transfer method||Directly grown||Directly grown||Directly grown|
|Substrate Thickness||300 nm (oxide layer)||300 µm||300 µm|
*Other sizes available: up to 2 cm × 2 cm or 2 inches in diameter (sapphire substrate only).
High-quality molybdenum disulfide (MoS2) monolayer films are available on two different substrates as standard: SiO2/Si and Sapphire. Different substrates of monolayer MoS2 films, including Glass, Silicon and Quartz are also available via custom order.
Discontinuous isolated triangular crystals (crystal islands) films are also available via custom request. Please contact us for more information regarding custom products.
|Substrate||Product Code||Size||Quantity (EA)||Price|
|SiO2/Si||M2165F11||1 cm × 1 cm||1||£420|
|Sapphire||M2166F11||1 cm × 1 cm||1||£420|
|Sapphire||M2166T11||1 cm × 1 cm||1||£420|
Literature and Reviews
- Catalytic growth of large area monolayer molybdenum disulfide film by chemical vapor deposition, H. Li et al., Thin Solid Films 669, 371–376 (2019); doi: 10.1016/j.tsf.2018.10.055.
- Large-Area Epitaxial Monolayer MoS2, D. Dumcenco et al., ACS Nano, 9 (4), 4611-4620 (2019); DIO: 10.1021/acsnano.5b01281.
- Molecular Beam Epitaxy of Highly Crystalline Monolayer Molybdenum Disulfide on Hexagonal Boron Nitride, D. Fu et al., J. Am. Chem. Soc., 139, 9392−9400 (2017); DOI: 10.1021/jacs.7b05131.
- Emerging Photoluminescence in Monolayer MoS2, A. Splendiani et al, Nano Lett. 2010, 10, 1271–1275 (2010); DOI: 10.1021/nl903868w.
- How Good Can Monolayer MoS2 Transistors Be? Y. Yoon et al., Nano Lett. 2011, 11, 3768–3773 (2011); doi: 10.1021/nl2018178.
- Chemical Vapor Sensing with Monolayer MoS2, F. Perkins et al., Nano Lett. 2013, 13, 668−673 (2013); doi: 10.1021/nl3043079.
To the best of our knowledge the information provided here is accurate. The values provided are typical at the time of manufacture and may vary over time and from batch to batch. Products may have minor cosmetic differences (e.g. to the branding) compared to the photos on our website. All products are for laboratory and research and development use only.