Molybdenum Disulfide Monolayer Film
MoS2 Monolayer Film, for applications in electronic and optoelectronic devices
High quality and available online for fast, secure dispatch
Molybdenum disulfide (MoS2) monolayer film is a direct bandgap semiconductor. When in bulk form however, this material has an indirect bandgap. The photoluminescence of MoS2 films increases with decreasing layer thickness. This means that luminescence is strongest in monolayer films, while it is absent in bulk material.
Molybdenum disulfide monolayer films can be built into electronic and optoelectronic devices such as photovoltaic solar cells, FETs, sensors, and photodetectors.
High-quality molybdenum disulfide monolayer films were grown directly on the substrates (SiO2/Si and Sapphire) by the chemical vapour deposition (CVD) method. The films were later transferred to the desired substrates using wet chemical transfer process.
MoS2 monolayer film can be used in research purposes such as microscopic analysis, photoluminescence, and Raman spectroscopy studies. MoS2 few-layer film can also be transferred to other substrates.
Platinum FET Test Chips for 2D Materials
- World-Wide Shipping
- Dual Channel Electrodes
Buy Online £180
|Molecular Weight||160.07 g/mol|
|Synonyms||Molybdenum sulfide, Molybdenum disulphide, Molybdenum(IV) sulfide|
|Classification / Family||Transition metal dichalcogenides (TMDCs), 2D semiconductor materials, Nano-electronics, Nano-photonics, Materials science|
|Size||1 cm × 1 cm*||1 cm × 1 cm*|
|Growth Method||CVD synthesis||CVD synthesis|
|Number of Layers||1||1|
|Transfer method||Directly grown||Directly grown|
|Substrate Thickness||300 nm (oxide layer)||300 µm|
*Other sizes available: 2 cm × 2 cm or 2 inches in diameter (sapphire substrate only) or custom-made sizes, please contact us for more details.
High-quality molybdenum disulfide monolayer films are available on 2 different substrates: SiO2/Si and Sapphire. Different sizes and substrates of monolayer MoS2 films are also available via custom order. Discontinuous isolated triangular crystals (crystal islands) films are also available via custom request, please contact us for more details.
- Glass (1 cm × 1 cm, 2 cm × 2 cm, or custom-made sizes)
- Silicon (1 cm × 1 cm, 2 cm × 2 cm, or custom-made sizes)
- Quartz (1 cm × 1 cm, 2 cm × 2 cm, or custom-made sizes)
- Copper (5 cm × 5 cm or custom-made sizes)
|Substrate||Product Code||Size||Quantity (EA)||Price|
|SiO2/Si||M2165F11||1 cm × 1 cm||1||£380|
|Sapphire||M2166F11||1 cm × 1 cm||1||£380|
Literature and Reviews
- Catalytic growth of large area monolayer molybdenum disulfide film by chemical vapor deposition, H. Li et al., Thin Solid Films 669, 371–376 (2019); doi: 10.1016/j.tsf.2018.10.055.
- Large-Area Epitaxial Monolayer MoS2, D. Dumcenco et al., ACS Nano, 9 (4), 4611-4620 (2019); DIO: 10.1021/acsnano.5b01281.
- Molecular Beam Epitaxy of Highly Crystalline Monolayer Molybdenum Disulfide on Hexagonal Boron Nitride, D. Fu et al., J. Am. Chem. Soc., 139, 9392−9400 (2017); DOI: 10.1021/jacs.7b05131.
- Emerging Photoluminescence in Monolayer MoS2, A. Splendiani et al, Nano Lett. 2010, 10, 1271–1275 (2010); DOI: 10.1021/nl903868w.
- How Good Can Monolayer MoS2 Transistors Be? Y. Yoon et al., Nano Lett. 2011, 11, 3768–3773 (2011); doi: 10.1021/nl2018178.
- Chemical Vapor Sensing with Monolayer MoS2, F. Perkins et al., Nano Lett. 2013, 13, 668−673 (2013); doi: 10.1021/nl3043079.
To the best of our knowledge the information provided here is accurate. However, Ossila assume no liability for the accuracy of this page. The values provided are typical at the time of manufacture and may vary over time and from batch to batch. All products are for laboratory and research and development use only, and may not be used for any other purpose including health care, pharmaceuticals, cosmetics, food or commercial applications.