Molybdenum Disulfide Few-Layer Film
MoS2 Few-Layer Film, high purity 2D material
For applications in nanoelectronics, optoelectronics, and flexible devices
Few-layer molybdenum disulfide (MoS2) is considered to be one of the most attractive materials for next-generation nanoelectronics. This is due to its silicon-level charge mobility and high current on/off ratio in thin-film transistors. Compared to monolayer MoS2 (which needs a deposition of an additional high-k dielectric layer such as HfO2), few-layer MoS2 can be operated on its own. This makes it more appealing for fabricating transistors and other optoelectronic devices.
Molybdenum disulfide (MoS2) few-layer film, with an impressive direct band gap of 1.9 eV in the monolayer regime, has promising potential applications in nanoelectronics, optoelectronics, and flexible devices.
MoS2 few-layer films can also be made into heterostructures for energy conversation and storage devices, and used as a catalyst for hydrogen revolution reactions (HER).
High quality molybdenum disulfide (MoS2) few-layer films were grown directly on the substrates (SiO2/Si and Sapphire) by chemical vapour deposition (CVD) method. The films were later transferred to the desired substrates using wet chemical transfer process.
MoS2 few-layer film can be used in research purposes such as microscopic analysis, photoluminescence and Raman spectroscopy studies. Few-layer MoS2 film can also be transferred to other substrates.
Platinum FET Test Chips for 2D Materials
- World-Wide Shipping
- Dual Channel Electrodes
Buy Online £150.00
|Molecular Weight||160.07 g/mol|
|Synonyms||Molybdenum sulfide, Molybdenum disulphide, Molybdenum(IV) sulfide|
|Classification / Family||Transition metal dichalcogenides (TMDCs), 2D semiconductor materials, Nano-electronics, Nano-photonics, Materials science|
|Size||1 cm × 1 cm*||1 cm × 1 cm*|
|Growth Method||CVD synthesis||CVD synthesis|
|Number of Layers||2 - 5||2 - 5|
|Transfer Method||Directly grown||Directly grown|
|Substrate Thickness||300 nm (oxide layer)||300 µm|
*Other sizes available: 2 cm × 2 cm, 2 inches in diameter (sapphire substrate only) or custom-made sizes, please contact us for more details.
High-quality molybdenum disulfide (MoS2) few-layer films are available on 2 different substrates: SiO2/Si and sapphire. Different sizes and substrates of few-layer MoS2 films are also available via custom order. Please contact us for more details.
- Glass (1 cm × 1 cm, 2 cm × 2 cm, or custom-made sizes)
- Silicon (1 cm × 1 cm, 2 cm × 2 cm, or custom-made sizes)
- Quartz (1 cm × 1 cm, 2 cm × 2 cm, or custom-made sizes)
- Copper (5 cm × 5 cm or custom-made sizes)
|Substrate||Product code||Size||Quantity (EA)||Price|
|SiO2/Si||M2167F11||1 cm × 1 cm||1||£318.00|
|Sapphire||M2168F11||1 cm × 1 cm||1||£318.00|
Literature and Reviews
- Tunable Charge-Trap Memory Based on Few-Layer MoS2, E. Zhang et al., ACS Nano, 9 (1), 612–619 (2015); DIO: 10.1021/nn5059419.
- Few-Layer MoS2: A Promising Layered Semiconductor, R. Ganatra et al., ACS Nano, 8 (5), 4074–4099 (2014); DOI: 10.1021/nn405938z.
- Few-Layer MoS2 with High Broadband Photogain and Fast Optical Switching for Use in Harsh Environments, D. Tsai et al., ACS Nano, 7 (5), 3905–3911 (2013); DOI: 10.1021/nn305301b.
- Optical Identification of Single- and Few-Layer MoS2 Sheets, H. Li et al., small, 8 (5), 682–686 (2012); DOI: 10.1002/smll.201101958.
- Few-Layer MoS 2 Flakes as Active Buffer Layer for Stable Perovskite Solar Cells, A. Capasso et al., Adv. Energy Mater. 2016, 6, 1600920 (2016); DOI: 10.1002/aenm.201600920.
To the best of our knowledge the information provided here is accurate. However, Ossila assume no liability for the accuracy of this page. The values provided are typical at the time of manufacture and may vary over time and from batch to batch. All products are for laboratory and research and development use only, and may not be used for any other purpose including health care, pharmaceuticals, cosmetics, food or commercial applications.