FK306, co-dopant material for devices with high performances
Highly efficient blue phosphorescent emitter
FK306, namely Bis[4-tert -butyl-2',6'-difluoro-2,3'-bipyridine](acetylacetonate)iridium(III) is a bis-heteroleptic iridium complex with bulky fluorinated bipyridyl ligands.
FK306 is a highly efficient blue phosphorescent emitter with a wide bandgap (2.7 eV) and a deep HOMO energy level (6.3 eV). The deep HOMO energy level of FK306 is beneficial for electron trapping and hole blocking to balance the distribution of holes and electrons in the active layer. FK306 also has a low LUMO energy level (3.6 eV) which makes it a popular candidate as a co-dopant material to achieve higher device performances.
|Molecular weight||785.85 g/mol|
|Absorption||λmax 244 nm (dichloromethane)|
|Photoluminescence||λem 454 nm (dichloromethane)|
|HOMO/LUMO||HOMO = 6.3 eV, LUMO = 3.6 eV; ET = 2.83 eV|
|Chemical name||Bis[4-tert -butyl-2',6'-difluoro-2,3'-bipyridine](acetylacetonate)iridium(III)|
|Classification / Family||Iridium complex, Blue phosphorescent materials, Blue dopant materials, Electron transport materials, Sublimed materials, Semiconducting small molecules|
|Purity||Sublimed >99.0% (HPLC)|
|Melting point||> 280 °C (0.5% weight loss)|
*Sublimation is a technique used to obtain ultra pure-grade chemicals. For more details about sublimation, please refer to the sublimed materials for OLED devices page.
|Device structure||ITO (130 nm)/TAPC (40 nm)/FK306:mCP 15 wt% doped
|EQE @100 cd/m2||15.3%|
|Current Efficiency @100 cd/m2||26.1 cd/A|
|Power Efficiency @100 cd/m2||24.2 Im/W|
|Device structure||ITO/HAT-CN (6 nm)/HAT-CN (0.2 wt%):TAPC (50 nm)/FK306 (0.2 wt%):TXO-TPA (1.0 wt%):26DCzPPy (10 nm)/Tm3PyP26PyB (60 nm)/LiF (1 nm)/Al (100 nm) |
|Max. Current Efficiency||41.51 cd/A|
|Max. Power Efficiency||44.95 Im/W|
ITO/HAT-CN (6 nm)/HAT-CN (0.2 wt%):TAPC (50 nm)/TXO-TPA (1.0 wt%):TcTa (5 nm)/FK306 (0.4 wt%):TXO-TPA (1.0 wt%):26DCzPPy (10 nm)/Tm3PyP26PyB (60 nm)/LiF (1 nm)/Al (100 nm)
|Max. Current Efficiency||58.94 cd/A|
|Max. Power Efficiency||61.69 Im/W|
|Sublimed (>99.0% purity)||M2308A1||100 mg||£199.00|
|Sublimed (>99.0% purity)||M2308A1||250 mg||£398.00|
|Sublimed (>99.0% purity)||M2308A1||500 mg||£697.00|
|Sublimed (>99.0% purity)||M2308A1||1 g||£1190.00|
Literature and Reviews
High-performance pure blue phosphorescent OLED using a novel bis-heteroleptic iridium(III) complex with fluorinated bipyridyl ligands, F. Kessler et al., J Mater. Chem., 1 (6), 1070-1075 (2013); DOI:10.1039/C2TC00836J.
- High Performances Thermally Activated Delayed Fluorescence Organic Light-emitting Diodes with Wide Gap Phosphorescent Complex as Sensitizer, Y. Cui et al., J. Mater. Chem. C, 8, 5984-5990 (2020); DOI: 10.1039/D0TC00446D.
- Utilization of double-sensitized structure toward achieving high performance green and red phosphorescent organic light-emitting diodes, S. Li et al., J. Mater. Chem. C, 9, 11729-11737 (2021); DOI: 10.1039/D1TC02756E.
- Novel scattering and color converting substrates for simple-structured white organic light-emitting diodes, L. Chen et al., 89 106045 (2021); DOI: 10.1016/j.orgel.2020.106045.
- Phosphorescent dye doped electron transport layer for yellow thermally activated delayed fluorescent electroluminescence device, Q. Zhu et al., Optik 241, 166857 (2021); DOI: 10.1016/j.ijleo.2021.166857.
- Efficient green electroluminescent devices based on iridium complex with wide energy gap complexes as sensitizers, X. Zhao et al., Org. Electron., 37, 85-92 (2016); DOI: 10.1016/j.orgel.2016.06.025.
To the best of our knowledge the information provided here is accurate. However, Ossila assume no liability for the accuracy of this page. The values provided are typical at the time of manufacture and may vary over time and from batch to batch. All products are for laboratory and research and development use only, and may not be used for any other purpose including health care, pharmaceuticals, cosmetics, food or commercial applications.