Fast and secure
Cobalt complex, tris(2-(1H-pyrazol-1-yl)pyridine) cobalt(II) di[bis(trifluoromethane)sulfonimide] (FK102 Co(II)-TFSI) is used as p-dopant materials to enhance the conductivity and lead to a downward shift of the energy levels in most case of the perovskite solar cells. With efficient charge extraction and transfer from perovskite active layer, it considerably improves the device performance and power conversion efficiency.
It is also believed that adding Co(II)-TFSI as dopant material will make the perovskite solar cell more stable even in the presence of oxygen and moisture .
|Full name||Tris(2-(1H-pyrazol-1-yl)pyridine)cobalt(II) di[bis(trifluoromethane)sulfonimide]|
|Molecular weight||1054.71 g/mol|
|HOMO / LUMO||No data available|
|Classification / Family||Cobalt complex, Hole transport and dopant materials, Dye Sensitized Solar Cell (DSSC) Materials, Hole Conductor Cobalt Dopants, Organic Photovoltaic (OPV) Materials, Organic and Printed Electronics, Perovskite Materials|
|Melting point||167 °C (lit.)|
|Liquid-based eletrolytes||Typically 0.15-0.2M of Co(II) and ca. 0.05M Co(II)|
|Solid-state photovoltaic cells||Up to 10 weight % added to the hole transport material system.|
Literature and Reviews
- Compositional and morphological engineering of mixed cation perovskite films for highly efficient planar and flexible solar cells with reduced hysteresis, C. Wang et al., Nano Energy 35, 223–232 (2012); https://doi.org/10.1016/j.nanoen.2017.03.048.
- Dye-sensitized Solar Cells: New Approaches with Organic Solid-state Hole Conductors, N. Vlachopoulos et al., Chimia 69, 41–51 (2015); doi:10.2533/chimia.2015.41.
- Cobalt Dopant with Deep Redox Potential for Organometal Halide Hybrid Solar Cells, T. Koh et al., Chemsuschem, 7(7), 1909-1914 (2014); DOI: 10.1002/cssc.201400081.
- Flexible and highly efficient perovskite solar cells with a large active area incorporating cobalt-doped poly(3-hexylthiophene) for enhanced open-circuit voltage, J. Jung et al., J. Mater. Chem. A, 2017, 5, 12158-12167 (2017); DOI: 10.1039/C7TA03541A.
- One-Year stable perovskite solar cells by 2D/3D interface engineering, G. Grancini et al., Nat Commun., 8: 15684 (2017); doi: 10.1038/ncomms15684
To the best of our knowledge the information provided here is accurate. The values provided are typical at the time of manufacture and may vary over time and from batch to batch. Products may have minor cosmetic differences (e.g. to the branding) compared to the photos on our website. All products are for laboratory and research and development use only.