|Sublimed (>99% purity)||M2173A1||250 mg||£266.00|
|Sublimed (>99% purity)||M2173A1||500 mg||£426.00|
|Sublimed (>99% purity)||M2173A1||1 g||£682.00|
|Molecular weight||554.64 g/mol|
|Absorption||λmax 288 nm in chloroform|
|Fluorescence||λmax 417 nm in chloroform|
|HOMO/LUMO||HOMO = 6.62 eV, LUMO = 3.55 eV ; ET1 = 3.04 eV|
|Classification / Family||Pyrimidine derivatives, Light-emitting diodes, Organic electronics, Electron-transport layer (ETL) materials, Hole-blocking layer (HBL) materials, Sublimed materials.|
|Purity||Sublimed: >99.0% (HPLC)|
|Melting point||Tm = 257 °C (melting point); Tg = 107 °C (glass transition temperature)|
*Sublimation is a technique used to obtain ultra pure-grade chemicals. For more details about sublimation, please refer to the Sublimed Materials for OLED Devices page.
B2PymPm, 4,6-Bis(3,5-di(pyridin-2-yl)phenyl)-2-methylpyrimidine, has a 2-methylpyrimidine core with four pyridine pendants. It is used as an electron-transport layer or hole-blocking layer material for OLED or photovoltaic devices.
Pyridine rings enable intramolecular and intermolecular hydrogen bondings in and between the molecules. This can cause the molecules to become planar and enhance the horizontal molecular orientation, thus leading to high charge mobility.
Literature and Reviews
- Influence of Substituted Pyridine Rings on Physical Properties and Electron Mobilities of 2-Methylpyrimidine Skeleton-Based Electron Transporters, H, Sasabe et al., Adv. Funct. Mater., 21, 336–342 (2011); DOI: 10.1002/adfm.201001252.
- Molecular Stacking Induced by Intermolecular C–H···N Hydrogen Bonds Leading to High Carrier Mobility in Vacuum-Deposited Organic Films, D. Yokoyama et al., Adv. Funct. Mater., 21, 1375–1382 (2011); DOI: 10.1002/adfm.201001919.
- Development of high performance OLEDs for general lighting, H. Sasabe et al., J. Mater. Chem. C, 1, 1699 (2013); DOI: 10.1039/c2tc00584k.
- Multifunctional Materials in High-Performance OLEDs: Challenges for Solid-State Lighting, H. Sasabe et al., Chem. Mater., 23, 621–630 (2011); DOI: 10.1021/cm1024052.
- Recent Progress in Phosphorescent Organic Light-Emitting Devicee, H. Sasabe et al., Eur. J. Org. Chem., 7653–7663 (2013); DOI: 10.1002/ejoc.201300544.
To the best of our knowledge the technical information provided here is accurate. However, Ossila assume no liability for the accuracy of this information. The values provided here are typical at the time of manufacture and may vary over time and from batch to batch.