Tungsten Disulfide (WS2) Few-Layer Film
Tungsten disulfide few layer film, an outstanding full solar spectrum photocatalyst
For applications in electrodes, energy storage devices and photoelectrochemical cells
Few-layer tungsten disulfide (WS2) film has a 2D-layered structure with a narrow indirect bandgap of of 1.35 eV. In contrast, the monolayer film possesses a direct bandgap of 2.1 eV.
WS2 few-layer films possess very high NIR light photocatalytic activity. They also have strong UV and visible light photocatalytic activity, making them a valuable and outstanding full solar spectrum photocatalyst.
Platinum FET Test Chips for 2D Materials
- World-Wide Shipping
- Dual Channel Electrodes
Buy Online £150.00
|Molecular weight||247.97 g/mol|
|Bandgap||1.4 - 2.01 eV|
|Synonyms||Tungsten sulphide, Tungsten sulfide, Tungsten (IV) sulfide|
|Classification / Family||Transition metal dichalcogenides (TMDCs), 2D semiconductor materials, Nano-electronics, Nano-photonics, Materials science|
|Size||1 cm × 1 cm*|
|Growth Method||CVD synthesis|
|Number of Layers||2-5|
|Transfer method||Directly grown
|Substrate Thickness||300 µm|
*Other sizes available: 2 cm × 2 cm or 2 inches in diameter, 4 inches in diameter custom-made sizes. Please contact us for more details.
High-quality tungsten disulfide few-layer film is available as a directly-grown film on sapphire. Different sizes and substrates of monolayer WS2 films are also available via custom order. Please contact us for more details.
- Glass (1 cm × 1 cm, 2 cm × 2 cm or custom-made sizes)
- Silicon (1 cm × 1 cm, 2 cm × 2 cm or custom-made sizes)
- Quartz (1 cm × 1 cm, 2 cm × 2 cm or custom-made sizes)
- SiO2 /Si (1 cm × 1 cm, 2 cm × 2 cm or custom-made sizes)
- Copper (1 cm × 1 cm, 2 cm × 2 cm or custom-made sizes)
Due to its distinctive electron configuration and high specific surface area, few-layer tungsten disulfide nanosheets have potential applications in electrodes and energy storage devices, supercapacitors, and photoelectrochemical cells as a catalyst for hydrogen evolution reactions (HERs). With tunable electromagnetic absorption, it has practical applications against electromagnetic pollution. WS2 is also a great potential candidate in photothermal therapy for the ablation of cancer cells, when NIR light is absorbed and converted into heat.
High-quality tungsten disulfide few-layer films were grown directly on the substrates (sapphire) via the chemical vapour deposition (CVD) method.
WS2 few-layer films can be used for research purposes such as microscopic analysis, photoluminescence, and Raman spectroscopy studies. Few-layer WS2 films can also be transferred to other substrates.
|Substrate||Product code||Size||Quantity (EA)||Price|
|Sapphire||M2172F11||1 cm × 1 cm||1||£318.00|
Literature and Reviews
- Photoluminescence enhancement in fewlayer WS2 films via Au nanoparticles, S. Choi et al., AIP Advances 5, 067148 (2015); DIO: 10.1063/1.4923183.
- Excitation energy dependence of Raman spectra of few-layer WS2, J. Yang et al., FlatChem 3, 64–70 (2017);DIO: 10.1016/j.flatc.2017.06.001.
- Few-layer thick WS2 nanosheets produced by intercalation/exfoliation route, F. Huang et al., J. Mater. Sci., 51, 10160–10165 (2016); DOI 10.1007/s10853-016-0243-7.
- Accurate identification of layer number for few-layer WS2 and WSe2 via spectroscopic study, Y. Li et al., Nanotechnology 29, 124001-124008 (2018);DIO: 10.1088/1361-6528/aaa923.
- Photosensor Device Based on Few-Layered WS2 Films, N. Perea-López, Adv. Funct. Mater., 23, 5511–5517 (2013); DOI: 10.1002/adfm.201300760.
- Identification of individual and few layers of WS2 using Raman Spectroscopy, A. Berkdemir et al., Sci. Rep., 3, 1755 (2013); DOI: 10.1038/srep01755.
To the best of our knowledge the information provided here is accurate. However, Ossila assume no liability for the accuracy of this page. The values provided are typical at the time of manufacture and may vary over time and from batch to batch. All products are for laboratory and research and development use only, and may not be used for any other purpose including health care, pharmaceuticals, cosmetics, food or commercial applications.