CAS Number 1383605-56-8
Fast and secure
PFO-co-MEH-PPV, used in highly efficient OLED devices
High quality polymer available for fast, secure dispatch
PFO-co-MEH-PPV is a co-polymer consisting of alternating 9,9-dioctylfluorenyl and 2-methoxy-5-(2-ethylhexyloxy)-1,4- phenylenevinylene (MEH-PPV) repeating units in its main backbone structure.
Owing to its capability of harvesting the energy from non-emissive triplet states, PFO-co-MEH-PPV is a reverse intersystem crossing (RISC) polymer which can be used in solution processable, non-doped, highly efficient OLED devices.
PFO-co-MEH-PPV can also be used for polymer lasers with the demonstration of a relaxation oscillation and a picosecond pulse generation.
|Absorption*||λmax 480 nm (in toluene)|
|Fluorescence||λmax 550 nm (in film)|
|HOMO/LUMO||HOMO = 4,4 eV, LUMO = 2.1 eV |
|Synonyms||PFOPV, PFPV, PEPV|
|Solubility||Toluene, chloroform or chlorobenzene|
|Classification / Family||PFO and PPV derivatives, Hole transport layer materials; Polymer light-emitting diodes (OLEDs), Green emitter, Organic photovoltaics (OPVs), Polymer lasers, Organic electronics|
|Thermogravimetric Analysis (TGA)||n.a.|
|Appearance||Bright yellow powder/fiber|
||131 kDa||2.3||Low stock|
Literature and Reviews
- The Triplet-Charge Annihilation in Copolymer-Based Organic Light Emitting Diodes: Through “Scattering Channel” or “Dissociation Channel”?, D. Yuan et al., Phys. Chem. Chem. Phys., 17, 27609-27614 (2015); 10.1039/C5CP05016B.
- Relaxation Oscillation with Picosecond Spikes in a Conjugated Polymer Laser, W. Mujamammi et al., Polymers 8, 364 (2016); doi:10.3390/polym8100364
- Advances in Conjugated Polymer Lasers, H. Xia et al, Polymers, 11, 443 2019); doi: 10.3390/polym11030443.
- Triplet harvesting in polyfluorene copolymer-based organic light emitting diodes through thermally activated reverse intersystem crossing, P. Chen et al., Org. Electron., 41, 100-106 (2017); doi: 10.1016/j.orgel.2016.12.005.
- Efficient light emitting diodes from polyfluorene copolymer blends, A. Cirpan ET AL., Syn. Metals, 150, 195-198 (2005); doi: 10.1016/j.synthmet.2005.02.003
To the best of our knowledge the information provided here is accurate. The values provided are typical at the time of manufacture and may vary over time and from batch to batch. Products may have minor cosmetic differences (e.g. to the branding) compared to the photos on our website. All products are for laboratory and research and development use only.