Molybdenum Diselenide (MoSe2) Powder
High quality and high purity MoSe2 Powder
Suitable for liquid chemical exfoliation
Chemical exfoliation is one of the the most suitable routes towards large-scale production of nano-particles and nano-sheets. Using N-methyl pyrrolidone (NMP) as a solvent, molybdenum diselenide (MoSe2) quantum dots can be prepared via chemical exfoliation - directly from molybdenum diselenide bulk powder.
With a high surface area and unique electronic (quasiparticle band-gap) properties, few-layered MoSe2 nanosheets have great potential as an advanced electrode material for supercapacitors and energy storage applications. Chemically-exfoliated MoSe2 nanosheets possess an obvious NIR absorption peak, leading to effective photothermal therapy of human lung cancer.
Structure of Molybdenum Diselenide Powder
Applications of Molybdenum Diselenide Powder
MoSe2 powder is used in applications like photothermal therapy, biomedicine, energy storage devices, and electrocatalysts for hydrogen evolution reactions (HER).
Obtained via the CVT method, MoSe2 powder with purities of over 99.995% have been achieved.
MoSe2 powder is suitable for liquid chemical exfoliation to process MoSe2 quantum dot solutions and nano-plates down to few-layer films. High-quality, high-purity MoSe2 powder is also used for CV deposition of ultra-thin single or few-layer films.
Literature and Reviews
- Direct observation of the transition from indirect to direct bandgap in atomically thin epitaxial MoSe2, Y. Zhang et al., Nat. Nanotech., 9, 111–115 (2014); DOI: 10.1038/NNANO.2013.277.
- Ultra-thin and porous MoSe2 nanosheets: facile preparation and enhanced electrocatalytic activity towards the hydrogen evolution reaction, Z. Lei et al., Phys. Chem. Chem. Phys., 18, 70 (2016); DOI: 10.1039/c5cp06483j.
- Observation of Charge Transfer in Heterostructures Composed of MoSe2 Quantum Dots and a Monolayer of MoS2 or WSe2, S. Roy et al., J. Phys. Chem. C, 121 (3), pp 1997–2004 (2017); DOI: 10.1021/acs.jpcc.6b11778.
- One-Pot, Facile, and Versatile Synthesis of Monolayer MoS 2/WS2 Quantum Dots as Bioimaging Probes and Efﬁcient Electrocatalysts for Hydrogen Evolution Reaction, S. Xu et al., Adv. Funct. Mater., 25, 1127–1136 (2015); DOI: 10.1002/adfm.201403863.
- Aqueous Phase Preparation of Ultrasmall MoSe2 Nanodots for Efficient Photothermal Therapy of Cancer Cells, L. Yuwen et al., Nanoscale 2016, 8, 2720−2726 (2016).
|Molecular Weight||253.86 g/mol|
|Bandgap||1.41 - 1.58 eV |
|Structure||Hexagonal, 2H phase|
|Preparation||Synthetic - Chemical Vapour Transport (CVT)|
|Electronic Properties||2D semiconductor|
|Melting Point||>1,300 °C (lit.)|
|Synonyms||Molybdenum(IV) selenide, Molybdenum selenide|
|Classification / Family||Transition metal dichalcogenides (TMDCs), 2D semiconductor Materials, Nano-electronics, Nano-photonics, Transistors, Photovoltaics, Materials science|
To the best of our knowledge the information provided here is accurate. However, Ossila assume no liability for the accuracy of this page. The values provided are typical at the time of manufacture and may vary over time and from batch to batch. All products are for laboratory and research and development use only, and may not be used for any other purpose including health care, pharmaceuticals, cosmetics, food or commercial applications.