Methylammonium Bromide (MABr)
Methylammonium bromide for the synthesis of perovskites
High purity precursor available to buy online (or request a quote) for fast, secure dispatch
Methylammonium bromide (MABr) is a precursor for the synthesis of organic-inorganic hybrid perovskites for use in FETs, LEDs and PVs.
Methylammonium Bromide (MABr) from Ossila was used in the high-impact paper (IF 9.229), Using Soft Polymer Template Engineering of Mesoporous TiO2 Scaffolds to Increase Perovskite Grain Size and Solar Cell Efficiency, Q. Lian et al., ACS Appl. Mater. Interfaces 12, 18578–18589 (2020); DOI: 10.1021/acsami.0c02248.
|Molecular weight||111.97 g/mol|
|HOMO / LUMO||n.a.|
|Classification / Family||Organic photovoltaics, Light-emitting diodes, Perovskite precursor materials|
>99.5% (M571 further purified by recrystallisation of M572)
|Melting point||296 °C|
Methylammonium bromide (MABr) is a precursor of MAPbBr3 perovskites. Having a band gap of 2.3 eV (HOMO 5.68 eV, LUMO 3.38 eV) , MAPbBr3 perovskites have been used to tune the band gap of mixed MAPbX3 (where X is the halide I, Br and/or Cl mixtures) [2,3,4,5,6]. For this reason, bromide MAPbBr3 perovskites can be utilised as light absorbers for high-energy photons, and can serve as the front cell in tandem cells. This perovskite can provide a higher open-circuit voltage in perovskite solar cells than the iodide analogue.
High-efficiency solar cells, with a VOC of up to 1.40 V, a fill factor (FF) of 79%, and a PCE of 6.7% have been reported for pure MAPbBr3 perovskite solar cells .
It has also been demonstrated that MAPbBr3 nanoplatelets can be employed in light-emitting diodes, exhibiting bright photoluminescence (PL) at 529 nm, with a narrow spectral band and a quantum yield up to 85% .
|Device structure||FTO/TiO2/(FAPbI3)0.85(MAPbBr3)0.15/PTAA/Au |
|Jsc (mA cm-2)||23.3|
|98% purity||M572||10 g||£106.00|
|98% purity||M572||25 g||£203.00|
|>99.5% purity||M571||5 g||£103.00|
|>99.5% purity||M571||10 g||£169.00|
|>99.5% purity||M571||25 g||£328.00|
Note: Looking to place a bulk order (100 g or more) Please contact us for a quote.
Literature and Reviews
- Voltage output of efficient perovskite solar cells with high open-circuit voltage and fill factor, S. Ryu et al., Energy Environ. Sci., 7, 2614–2618 (2014). DOI: 10.1039/c4ee00762j.
- Efficient Planar Perovskite Solar Cells Based on 1.8 eV Band Gap Ch2Nh2PbI2Br Nanosheets via Thermal Decomposition, Y. Zhao et al., J. Am. Chem. Soc., 136 (35), 12241–12244 (2014). DOI: 10.1021/ja5071398.
- High Open-Circuit Voltage Solar Cells Based on Organic–Inorganic Lead Bromide Perovskite, E. Edri et al., J. Phys. Chem. Lett., 4 (6), 897–902 (2013). DOI: 10.1021/jz400348q.
- Preparation of Single-Phase Films of Ch2Nh2Pb(I1-xBrx)3 with Sharp Optical Band Edges, A. Sadhanala et al., J. Phys. Chem. Lett., 5, 2501-2505 (2014). dx.doi.org/10.1021/jz501332v.
- Chemical Management for Colorful, Efficient, and Stable Inorganic-Organic Hybrid Nanostructured Solar Cells, J-H. Noh et al., Nano Lett., 13, 1764-1769 (2013). dx.doi.org/10.1021/nl400349b.
- Maximizing the emissive properties of Ch2Nh2PbBr3 perovskite nanoparticles, S. Gonzalez-Carrero et al., J. Mater. Chem. A, 3, 9187-9193 (2015). DOI: 10.1039/C4TA05878J.
- Bright Light-Emitting Diodes Based on Organometal Halide Perovskite Nanoplatelets, Y. Ling et al., Adv. Mater. 2015, DOI: 10.1002/adma.201503954.
- Compositional engineering of perovskite materials for high-performance solar cells, N. Jeon et al., Nature 517, 476–480 (2015), doi:10.1038/nature14133.
To the best of our knowledge the information provided here is accurate. However, Ossila assume no liability for the accuracy of this page. The values provided are typical at the time of manufacture and may vary over time and from batch to batch. All products are for laboratory and research and development use only, and may not be used for any other purpose including health care, pharmaceuticals, cosmetics, food or commercial applications.