High Purity >99% Graphene sheet/paper, high mechanical strength and superior electrical conductivity
For applications in sensors, batteries and supercapacitors, thermal control and heat spreading, and EMI shielding.
Graphene sheet, also referred to as graphene paper, is the assembly of individual graphene nanosheets into macroscopic structure to form paper-like material. The achieved freestanding graphene sheet shows a unique combination of outstanding properties such as high mechanical strength, large surface area, and superior electrical conductivity, and stability in electrochemical environment, outperforming many other carbon substrates.
As a functional material, graphene sheet does not only act as a conducting agent, but also as a current collector. This makes graphene sheet, a promising base flexible electrode material for energy storage devices with significantly improved performances in energy density, power density and better life cycle compared to non-flexible conventional electrode architecture.
There are two main procedures to prepare free standing graphene sheets, “top-down” and “bottom-up”. The top-down processes attain graphene films from graphite, including vacuum filtration, direct evaporation, and diverse coating techniques. The bottom-up processes are based on the synthesis of graphene films from gaseous carbon sources, such as chemical vapor deposition.
With thermal conductivity and spreading-in-plane conductivity above 550 W/mK, and surface resistivity ranging as low as 0.04 Ω/sq, graphene sheet has following applications but not limited to:
- Electrodes for batteries and supercapacitors
- Thermal control and heat spreading
- EMI Shielding
|Full Name||Graphene Sheet|
|Form||Gray to black sheet
|Synonyms||Graphene paper, Graphene film, Graphene foil
|Classification / Family||Graphene, Graphene Film, 2D Materials, Carbon Nanomaterials
|Thermal Conductivity In Plane||550 W/mK|
|Resistivity||Electrical resistivity at surface 0.06 Ω/sq|
|Conductivity||Electrical Conductivity In Plane 3,700 S/cm|
|Tensile Strength||10 MPa|
|EMI Shielding||EMI Shielding: 53 dB at 30 MHz, 58 dB at 1.5 GHz|
|Size||10 cm × 10 cm|
MSDS DocumentationGraphene Sheet MSDS Sheet
Literature and Reviews
- Graphene paper with controlled pore structure for high-performance cathodes in Li–O2 batteries, D. Kim et al., Carbon, 100, 265-272 (2016); DOI: 10.1016/j.carbon.2016.01.013.
Highly Conductive Graphene Paper with Vertically Aligned Reduced Graphene Oxide Sheets Fabricated by Improved Electrospray Deposition Technique, J. Yan et al., ACS Appl. Mater. Interfaces, 11, 11, 10810–10817 (2019); DOI: 10.1021/acsami.8b19811.
Highly Conducting Graphene Sheets and Langmuir-Blodgett Films, X. Li et al., Nat. Nanotech., 3, 538–542 (2008); DOI: 10.1038/nnano.2008.210.
- Mechanically Strong, Electrically Conductive, and Biocompatible Graphene Paper, H. Chen et al., Adv. Mater., 20 (18), 3557-3561 (2008); 10.1002/adma.200800757.
- Advanced mechanical properties of graphene paper, A. Ranjbartoreh et al., J. Appl. Phys., 109, 014306 (2011); DOI: 10.1063/1.3528213.
- Flexible energy storage devices based on graphene paper, H. Gwon et al., Energy Environ. Sci., 4, 1277-1283 (2011); DOI: 10.1039/C0EE00640H.Ultrahigh Conductive
- Graphene Paper Based on Ball-Milling Exfoliated Graphene, C. Teng et al., Adv. Funct. Mater., 27 (20), 700240 (2017); DOI: 10.1002/adfm.201700240.
- Growth of Metal–Metal Oxide Nanostructures on Freestanding Graphene Paper for Flexible Biosensors, F. Xiao et al., Adv. Funct. Mater., 22 (12), 2487-2494 (2012); DOI: 10.1002/adfm.201200191.
- Graphene paper for exceptional EMI shielding performance using large-sized graphene oxide sheets and doping strategy, Y. Wan et al., Carbon, 122, 74-81 (2017); DOI: 10.1016/j.carbon.2017.06.042.
- Free-standing graphene paper for energy application: Progress and future scenarios, R.Karthick et al., Carbon, 150, 292-310 (2019); DOI: 10.1016/j.carbon.2019.05.017.
Recent progress in graphene-based electrodes for flexible batteries, C. Dai et al., Infomat, 2(3), 509-526 (2020); DOI: 10.1002/inf2.12039.
- Flexible free-standing vertically aligned carbon nanotube on activated reduced graphene oxide paper as a high performance lithium ion battery anode and supercapacitor, A. Abdollahi et al., Electrochimica Acta 320, 134598 (2019); 10.1016/j.electacta.2019.134598.
- Recent Advances in Graphene-Based Free-Standing Films for Thermal Management: Synthesis, Properties, and Applications, F. Gong et al., Coatings, 8(2), 63 (2018); DOI: 10.3390/coatings8020063.
To the best of our knowledge the information provided here is accurate. However, Ossila assume no liability for the accuracy of this page. The values provided are typical at the time of manufacture and may vary over time and from batch to batch. All products are for laboratory and research and development use only, and may not be used for any other purpose including health care, pharmaceuticals, cosmetics, food or commercial applications.