Order Code: M901MSDS sheet
|Recommended solvents/dispersants||H2O, N-Methyl-2-pyrrolidone (NMP), Ethanol|
|Synonyms||Single-layer graphene, graphene|
|Classification / Family||
2D semiconducting materials, Carbon nanomaterials, Graphene Oxide, Graphene and Graphene Oxide, Nanomaterials, Polycyclic aromatic hydrocarbons, OLEDs, Organic photovoltaics (OPV), Organic electronics.
|Single layer ratio||99.8%|
Graphene is carbon in the form of a two-dimensional, honeycomb lattice with sp2 hybridisation.
Due to its extraordinary properties and relatively low cost, graphene has emerged as a promising candidate for transparent and flexible electrodes to find applications in optoelectronic devices such as touch-screen sensors, OLEDs and photovoltaic devices.
With its excellent electrical conductivity, high surface area, high mechanical strength and light weight nature, graphene could also find use in electrochemical capacitor devices, anti-corrosion coatings, composite materials as well as sensing and biosensing applications.
Literature and Reviews
- Measurement of the Elastic Properties and Intrinsic Strength of Monolayer Graphene, C. Lee et al., Science, 18 (321):5887, 385-388 (2008); DOI: 10.1126/science.1157996.
- The rise of graphene, A. K. Geim et al., Nat. Mater., 6, 183 - 191 (2007); doi:10.1038/nmat1849.
- Graphene-based composite materials, S. Stankovich et al., nature, 442, 282-286 (2006); doi:10.1038/nature04969.
- The electronic properties of graphene, A. H. Castro Neto et al., Rev. Mod. Phys. 81, 109 (2009); DOI:http://dx.doi.org/10.1103/RevModPhys.81.109.
- Large-scale pattern growth of graphene films for stretchable transparent electrodes, K-S. Kim et al., Nature 457, 706-710 (2009); doi:10.1038/nature07719.
- Graphene: Status and Prospects, A. K. Geim, Science 19 (324):5934, 1530-1534 (2009); DOI: 10.1126/science.1158877.
- Graphene-Based Ultracapacitors, M. D. Stoller et al., Nano Lett., 8 (10), 3498–3502 (2008); DOI: 10.1021/nl802558y.
- Things you could do with graphene, Nat. Nanotech., 9, 737 (2014); doi:10.1038/nnano.2014.245