Zirconium Diselenide (ZrSe2) Powder and Crystal
Low price, high purity 2D zirconium diselenide powder and crystals
For the development of next-generation electronics, optoelectronics, and nanotechnology
Zirconium diselenide (ZrSe2) is a 2D semiconductor with a bandgap in the visibles-infrared region. With moderate bandgaps, 2D ZrSe2 and HfSe2 are believed to be among the best candidates to replace the silicon in nanoelectronics.
With the value of dimensionless thermoelectric figure-of-merit (ZT) being higher than those of MoS2 and MoSe2 monolayers, ZrSe2 yields high thermoelectric conversion efficiency. Furthermore, the thermoelectric performance of ZrSe2 can be effectively enhanced by band valley engineering through the application of biaxial strain.
We supply low price zirconium diselenide in several different forms for a range of applications.
Zirconium Diselenide Powder
Can be used for preparation of zirconium diselenide nanoplates and ultrathin films
Available in quantities of 1 g
Zirconium Diselenide Crystals by Size
Can be used to produce single or few-layer zirconium diselenide sheets via mechanical or liquid exfoliation
Small (≥10 mm2) or medium (≥25 mm2) crystals available*
Bulk single zirconium diselenide crystal is most commonly used as sources from which single or few-layer sheets can be obtained via either mechanical or liquid exfoliation. Single zirconium diselenide crystal or films produced from such crystals are suitable for study using atomic force microscopy or transmission electron microscopy.
Platinum FET Test Chips for 2D Materials
- World-Wide Shipping
- Dual Channel Electrodes
Buy Online £180.00
Few-layer ZrSe2 nanosheets and nanoparticles can also obtained from zirconium diselenide powder by liquid-exfoliation.
Key Product Data
- High purity zirconium diselenide suitable for a range of applications
- Available in powdered form or in crystal form by weight or size
- Low price with free worldwide shipping on qualifying orders
Structure of Zirconium Diselenide
Zirconium diselenide (ZrSe2) is a 2D semiconductor with a bandgap in the visible-infrared region. ZrSe2 crystallizes in the CdI2 (1T) polytype with octahedral metal coordinationon: one Zr atom is octahedrally coordinated by six selenium atoms. Single layer of ZrSe2 consists of a sequence of Se-Zr-Se atomic trilayer unit in which a sheet of Zr atoms is sandwiched between two sheets of selenides. Like other TMDCs,strong covalent bonds exist within the layer structure, while weak van der Waals holds the successive ZrSe2 layers together.
Properties of Zirconium Diselenide
After exfoliation of zirconium diselenide crystal or powder, zirconium diselenide typically has the following properties:
- Octahedral (1T, space group: P3m1)
- A bandgap in the visible-infrared region (0.9 ~ 1.2 eV)
- High thermoelectric conversion efficiency
- Thermoelectric performance of ZrSe2 can be effectively enhanced by biaxial strain
Applications of Zirconium Diselenide
Zirconium diselenide (ZrSe2) single crystals can be used to prepare monolayer and few-layer ZrSe2 by mechanical or liquid exfoliation.
Zirconium diselenide powder is suitable for liquid chemical exfoliation to prepare ZrSe2 nanosheets and nanoparticles down to few-layer films.
Zirconium diselenide has the size of the bandgap comparable to that of silicon, which is small enough on the one hand to allow low-voltage operation, while large enough on the other hand to enable >106 on/off current ratios. ZrSe2 has great application potentials in FTEs and photovoltaic devices.
ZrSe2 and HfSe2 possess band gaps of 0.9 to 1.2 eV from bulk to ultrathin nano-structures and technologically desirable “high-κ” native dielectrics ZrO2 and HfO2, respectively. With the possibility of thinner circuits and desirable high-k insulation combined, these ultrathin semiconductors could be made into transistors 10 times smaller than anything possible with silicon.
Literature and Reviews
- Opposite dispersion bands at the Fermi level in ZrSe2, A. Ghafari et al., Appl. Phys. Lett., 112, 182105 (2018); doi: 10.1063/1.5025794.
- Tunable direct-indirect band gaps of ZrSe2 nanoribbons, S. Li et al., J. Appl. Phys. 124, 034304 (2018); doi: 10.1063/1.5036673.
- Impurity characteristics of group V and VII element-doped two-dimensional ZrSe2 monolayer, X. Wang et al., Physica E 93, 279–283 (2017); doi: 10.1016/j.physe.2017.06.032.
- Raman Spectra of ZrS2 and ZrSe2 from Bulk to Atomically Thin Layers, S. Mañas-Valero et al., Appl. Sci., 6, 264 (2016); doi:10.3390/app6090264.
- Tunable ideal strength of ZrSe2 monolayer by charge doping, S. Li et al., J. Appl. Phys. 124, 115101 (2018); doi: 10.1063/1.5049465.
- Strain-induced thermoelectric performance enhancement of monolayer ZrSe2, D. Qin et al., RSC Adv., 7, 47243 (2017); DOI: 10.1039/c7ra08828k.
- HfSe2 and ZrSe2: Two-dimensional semiconductors with native high-k oxides, M. Mleczko et al., Sci. Adv., 3 (8), e1700481 (2017); DOI: 10.1126/sciadv.1700481.
- Controlled Synthesis of ZrS2 Monolayer and Few Layers on Hexagonal Boron Nitride, M. Zhang et al., J. Am. Chem. Soc. 2015, 137, 7051−7054 (2015); DOI: 10.1021/jacs.5b03807.
- Electron doping induced semiconductor to metal transitions in ZrSe2 layers via copper atomic intercalation, Z. Muhammad et al., Nano Res., 11(9): 4914–4922 (2018); doi: 10.1007/s12274-018-2081-1.
- Elastic, electronic, and dielectric properties of bulk and monolayer ZrS2, ZrSe2, HfS2, HfSe2 from van der Waals density-functional theory, Q. Zhao et al., Phys. Status Solidi B 254, No. 9, 1700033 (2017); DOI 10.1002/pssb.201700033.
|Molecular Weight||249.14 g/mol|
|Bandgap||0.9 ~ 1.2 eV |
|Preparation||Synthetic - Chemical Vapour Transport (CVT)|
|Electronic Properties||2D semiconductor|
|Synonyms||Zirconium selenide, Bis(selanylidene)zirconium|
|Classification / Family||Transition metal dichalcogenides (TMDCs), 2D Semiconductor materials, Photocatalyst for hydrogen production, Nano-electronics, Nano-photonics, Photovoltaic, Materials science|
|M2202A10||Crystal||Small (≥10 mm2)||£480.00 ea.|
|M2202A25||Crystal||Medium (≥25 mm2)||£760.00 ea.|
*typical representative size, areas/dimensions may vary.
Shipping is free for qualifying orders placed via our secure online checkout.
To the best of our knowledge the information provided here is accurate. However, Ossila assume no liability for the accuracy of this page. The values provided are typical at the time of manufacture and may vary over time and from batch to batch. All products are for laboratory and research and development use only, and may not be used for any other purpose including health care, pharmaceuticals, cosmetics, food or commercial applications.