Spiro-OMeTAD, high performance HTL material
High-purity (>99%) and available online for priority dispatch
Spiro-OMeTAD (Spiro-MeOTAD) is one of the most studied and suitable hole transport layer materials (HTL) due to its facile implementation and high performance in organic-inorganic electronic devices. The spiro-linked molecule provides high glass transition temperature (Tg), morphological stability and easy processability while maintaining good electronic properties. Spiro-MeOTAD has been widely used in solid-state dye-sensitised solar cells (ssDSSC), organic light-emitting diodes (OLED), perovskite solar cells (PSCs) and polymer based organic solar cells (OSCs).
Spiro-OMeTAD (Spiro-MeOTAD) from Ossila was used in the high-impact paper (IF 29.37), Interfacing Pristine C60 onto TiO2 for Viable Flexibility in Perovskite Solar Cells by a Low-Temperature All-Solution Process, Y. Zhou et al., Adv. Energy Mater., 1800399 (2018); DOI: 10.1002/aenm.201800399.
High-purity Spiro-OMeTAD (Spiro-MeOTAD) is in stock now for immediate dispatch to institutions worldwide. Please contact us for bulk orders over 100g.
|UV absorption max||306, 385 nm (in CH2Cl2)|
|PL max||429 nm (in CH2Cl2)|
|HOMO / LUMO||HOMO = -5.0 eV (by cyclic voltammetry), LUMO = -2.05 eV (HOMO - Eg)|
|Eg (optical)||2.95 eV|
|Purity||Sublimed: >99.5% (HPLC)
Unsublimed: >99.0% (HPLC)
|Melting point||240 °C (approx.)|
|TGA||>360°C (0.5% weight loss)|
|Appearance||White to pale yellow powder|
|Unsublimed (>99.0% purity)||M291||500 mg||£163.00|
|Sublimed (>99.5% purity)||M292||500 mg||£227.00|
|Unsublimed (>99.0% purity)||M291||1 g||£267.00|
|Sublimed (>99.5% purity)||M292||1 g||£363.00|
|Sublimed (>99.5% purity)||M292||5 g||£1640.00|
|Sublimed (>99.5% purity)||M292||10 g||£3040.00|
|Unsublimed (>99.0% purity)||M291||10 g||£1910.00|
- Interface engineering of highly efficient perovskite solar cells, Huanping Zhou et al., Science, V 34, p.546 (2014).
- Sequential deposition as a route to high-performance perovskite-sensitized solar cells, Julian Burschka et al., Nature, V499 p.316 (2013).
- Nanostructured TiO2 /CH3NH3PbI3 heterojunction solar cells employing spiro-OMeTAD/Co-complex as hole-transporting material, Jun Hong Noh et al., J. Mater. Chem. A, 1, 11842-11847, DOI: 10.1039/C3TA12681A (2013).
Key details from references
- : High efficiency perovskite solar cells with >19% efficiency. Doping regime specified via reference .
- : Spin coated spiro-MeOTAD in chlorobenzene doped with the below compounds (doping ratio's specified in reference :
- lithium bis(trifluoromethylsul-phonyl)imide (LiTFSI)
- tris(2-(1H-pyrazol-1-yl)-4-tert-butylpyridine)cobalt(III) bis(tri-fluoromethylsulphonyl)imide
- : Doped with the below concentrations
- 50 mM spiro-OMeTAD in chlorobenzene
- Co(III)-complex (FK209) first dissolved into an acetonitrile stock solution prepared with concentrations in the range 4 to 33 mM before being added to the Spiro/chlorobenzene solution
- FK209 stock solution mixed with Spiro/chlorobenzene solution to give overall 7.7 mol% FK209 to Spiro-OMeTAD
- Also doped with a stock solution of Li-bis(trifluoromethanesulfonyl)imide (Li-TFSI) at 170 mg and TBP at 46.6% by volume in acetonitrile
- Spin-coated at 3000 rpm for 30s
To the best of our knowledge the information provided here is accurate. However, Ossila assume no liability for the accuracy of this page. The values provided are typical at the time of manufacture and may vary over time and from batch to batch. All products are for laboratory and research and development use only, and may not be used for any other purpose including health care, pharmaceuticals, cosmetics, food or commercial applications.