PFN-Br, used to improve extraction efficiencies in organic electronic devices
High quality polymer available for fast, secure dispatch
With hydrophobic backbone and hydrophilic side chains, PFN-Br is a conjugated polymer electrolyte (CPE). It serves as an electron-interface layer material in organic electronic devices (including OFET, OLED, OPV and perovskite solar cells) to improve the interfacial properties such as extraction efficiency.
PFN-Br interfacial layer embedded in OPV devices gives overall enhanced open-circuit voltage, short-circuit current density and fill factor thus improved device performance. It is also believed that the device performance of polymer LEDs with bilayer cathodes (e.g. PFN-Br/Al), can be enhanced to levels comparable to (and even higher than) those obtained from using Ca or Ba cathodes due to its strong polar ionic pendant groups.
PFN-Br has been used in highly efficient OPV tandem structures with device efficiency over 17%.
|Classification/Family||Conjugated polymers, Polymer electrolyte, Polyfluorenes, Electron interface layer materials, OLED, OPV, Perovskite materials|
|M2230A2||190 kDa||61 kDa||3.1||In stock|
|M2230A3||84 kDa||40 kDa||2.1||In stock|
Literature and References
- Efficient Electron Injection from a Bilayer Cathode Consisting of Aluminum and Alcohol-/Water-Soluble Conjugated Polymers, H. Wu et al., Adv. Mater., 16, 1826–1830 (2004), DOI: 10.1002/adma.200400067.
- High-Performance Polymer Solar Cells Based on a Wide Bandgap Polymer Containing Pyrrolo[3,4- f]benzotriazole5,7-dione with a Power Conversion Efficiency of 8.63%, L. Lan et al., Adv. Sci., 3, 1600032 (2016); DOI: 10.1002/advs.201600032.
- Toward high performance inverted polymer solar cells, X. Gong et al., Polymer 53, 5437e5448 (2012); DOI: 10.1016/j.polymer.2012.09.023.
- ZnO:Polymer Composite Material to Eliminate Kink in J-V Curves of Inverted Polymer Solar Cells, T. Jin et al., ECS Sol. Stat. Lett., 3 (3) Q9-Q12 (2014); DOI: 10.1149/2.006403ssl.
- Organic and solution-processed tandem solar cells with 17.3% efficiency, L. Meng et al., Science 361 (6407), 1094-1098 (2018); DOI: 10.1126/science.aat2612.
- Interfacial Modification in Organic and Perovskite Solar Cells, S. Bi et al., Adv. Mater., 1805708 (2018); DOI: 10.1002/adma.201805708.
To the best of our knowledge the information provided here is accurate. However, Ossila assume no liability for the accuracy of this page. The values provided are typical at the time of manufacture and may vary over time and from batch to batch. All products are for laboratory and research and development use only, and may not be used for any other purpose including health care, pharmaceuticals, cosmetics, food or commercial applications.