PBDB-T-2Cl, used to achieve efficiencies exceeding 12%
High quality polymer available for fast, secure dispatch
PBDB-T-2Cl, also known as PM7, is part of the PBDB-T polymer family. It has a high OPV device performance, with reported efficiencies exceeding 12%. PSCs based on PBDB-T-2Cl as the donor and ITIC-2F as the acceptor have achieved a power conversion efficiency (PCE) of over 14% .
Compared to PBDB-T-2F, PBDB-T-2Cl showed slightly lower calculated HOMO levels. Although fluorine has greater electronegativity, it is believed that electron density can be delocalised more effectively to the chlorine atom than the fluorine atom on the BDT (benzodithiophene) backbone unit, resulting in a deeper HOMO energy level.
PBDB-T-2Cl (PM7) from Ossila was used in the high-impact paper (IF 9.229), Following In Situ the Evolution of Morphology and Optical Properties during Printing of Thin Films for Application in Non-Fullerene Acceptor Based Organic Solar Cells, K. Wienhold et al., ACS Appl. Mater. Interfaces, 12, 36, 40381–40392 (2020); DOI: 10.1021/acsami.0c12390.
Device structure: ITO/PEDOT:PSS/PM6:PM7:Y6:PC71BM/PFNDI-Br/Ag 
|Thickness (nm)||VOC (V)||JSC (mA cm-2)||FF (%)||PCE (%)|
Luminosyn™ PBDB-T-2Cl (also referred to as PCE14) is now available.
PBDB-T-2Cl is purified via Soxhlet extraction with acetone, hexane and chlorobenzene under an argon atmosphere
Large quantity orders
Plan your experiments with confidence with polymers from the same batch
|Synonyms||PM7, PCE14, PBDB-T-Cl|
|HOMO / LUMO||HOMO = -5.52 eV, LUMO = -3.57 eV |
|Solubility||Chloroform, chlorobenzene and dichlorobenzene|
|Classification / Family||Organic semiconducting materials, Medium bandgap polymers, Organic photovoltaics, Polymer solar cells, Perovskite solar cells, Hole-transport layer materials, NF-PSCs, All-polymer solar cells (all-PSCs).|
The device structure of the certified device was:
ITO / ZnO (30 nm) / PBDB-T-2Cl:ITIC-2F (100 nm) / MoO3 (10 nm) / Al (100 nm)
PBDB-T:ITIC-2F solution details:
- Blend ratio: 1:1
- Concentration: 20 mg/ml
- Solvent: Chlorobenzene
- Additive: 1% 1,8-Diiodooctane
|M2134A||5 g / 10 g*||Please contact us for details|
*for 5 - 10 grams order quantity, the lead time is 4-6 weeks.
Literature and Reviews
- Chlorine substituted 2D-conjugated polymer for high-performance polymer solar cells with 13.1% efficiency via toluene processing, Q. Fan et al., Nano Energy 48, 413–420 (2018); doi: 10.1016/j.nanoen.2018.04.002.
- Single-layered organic photovoltaics with double cascading charge transport pathways: 18% efficiencies, Nat Commun., 12, 309 (2021); DOI: 10.1038/s41467-020-20580-8.
- Over 14% Efficiency in Polymer Solar Cells Enabled by a Chlorinated Polymer Donor, S. Zhang et al., Adv. Mater., 30, 1800868 (2018); DOI: 10.1002/adma.201800868.
- Fluorination vs. chlorination: a case study on high performance organic photovoltaic materials, Y. Zhang et al., Sci. China Chem., 61 (10), 1328–1337 (2018); doi: 10.1007/s11426-018-9260-2.
To the best of our knowledge the information provided here is accurate. However, Ossila assume no liability for the accuracy of this page. The values provided are typical at the time of manufacture and may vary over time and from batch to batch. All products are for laboratory and research and development use only, and may not be used for any other purpose including health care, pharmaceuticals, cosmetics, food or commercial applications.