CAS Number 2077945-91-4
Fast and secure
o-IDTBR, widely used as an n-type NFA in organic polymer photovoltaics
Available to buy online with free shipping on qualifying orders
o-IDTBR is a small molecule acceptor which demonstrates an acceptor-acceptor–donor–acceptor-acceptor (A-A'–D–A'-A) structure. This consists of an electron-donating ladder-type fused five-member-ring indaceno[1,2-b:5,6-b′]dithiophene (IDT) core with aliphatic n-octyl side chains flanked by two electron withdrawing benzothiadiazole moieties and rhodanine terminated groups.
With a maximum absorption at around 600 – 730 nm and reduced charge recombination losses, o-IDTBR has been widely used as an n-type non-fullerene acceptor (NFA) in polymer organic photovoltaics. Among its useful properties, it shows promising stability under ambient conditions and exhibits outstanding photovoltaic performance.
Using PTB7-Th as the low band-gap donor polymer, mixed acceptors of o-IDTBR and o-IDFBR have demonstrated impressive device performance. An efficiency of 11.0 ± 0.4% and a high open-circuit voltage of 1.03 ± 0.01 has been reported.
High efficient non-flullerene acceptor
with highly conjugated core
Low Cost o-IDTBR
Quick and reliable shipping
>98% High purity
Device structure: indium tin oxide (ITO)/ zinc oxide (ZnO)/PCE10:IDTBR:IDFBR (85 ± 5 nm) /molybdenum oxide (MoO3)/Ag 
|Thickness (nm)||VOC (V)||JSC (mA cm-2)||FF (%)||PCE (%)|
|85 ± 5||1.03 ± 0.01||17.2 ± 0.1||60 ± 1||11.0 ± 0.4|
o-IDTBR is available to buy online in quantities from 100 mg to 1 g (please contact us for larger orders). Larger quantities offer the best value, while smaller quantities may be more suitable for some applications. Eligible orders ship free.
|Molecular Weight||1326.03 g/mol|
|Absorption||λmax 600 – 730 nm (Film)|
HOMO = -5.56 eV
LUMO = -3.93 eV 
|Melting Point||219 – 221 °C (lit.)|
|Form||Dark blue powder/crystals|
|Classification / Family||NFAs, n-type non-fullerene electron acceptors, organic semiconducting materials, low band-gap small molecule, small molecular acceptor, organic photovoltaics, polymer solar cells, NF-PSCs|
Literature and Reviews
- Carrier Transport and Recombination in Efficient “All-Small-Molecule” Solar Cells with the Nonfullerene Acceptor IDTBR, R. Liang et al., Adv. Energ. Mater., 8 (19), 1800264 (2018); doi: 10.1002/aenm.201800264.
- Reducing the efficiency–stability–cost gap of organic photovoltaics with highly efficient and stable small molecule acceptor ternary solar cells, D. Baran et al., Nat. Nater., 16, 363–369(2017); doi: org/10.1038/nmat4797.
- A Wide-Bandgap Donor Polymer for Highly Efficient Non-fullerene Organic Solar Cells with a Small Voltage Loss, S. Chen et al., J. Am. Chem. Soc., 139, 18, 6298–6301 (2017); doi: 10.1021/jacs.7b01606.
- The effect of polymer molecular weight on the performance of PTB7-Th:O-IDTBR non-fullerene organic solar cells, S. Hoefler et al., J. Mater. Chem. A,6, 9506-9516 (2018); doi: 10.1039/C8TA02467G.
- Digital Inkjet Printing of High-Efficiency Large-Area Nonfullerene Organic Solar Cells, D. Corzo et al., Adv. Mater. Technol., 1900040 (2019); DOI: 10.1002/admt.201900040.
To the best of our knowledge the information provided here is accurate. The values provided are typical at the time of manufacture and may vary over time and from batch to batch. Products may have minor cosmetic differences (e.g. to the branding) compared to the photos on our website. All products are for laboratory and research and development use only.