Nitrogen-Doped Graphene Oxide Powders and Solutions
Nitrogen-doped graphene oxide, high purity n-type semiconductor
High quality 2D material and expert support available online
Nitrogen-doped graphene oxide (much like graphene oxide) is easily dispersed within solution, which allows it to be processed in high concentrations. Unlike standard graphene oxide, the doping with nitrogen transforms the material from a p-type material to an n-type material. By transforming the material into an n-type semiconductor, graphene oxide can be used in a wider variety of electronic device structures. In addition, nitrogen-doped graphene oxide can be used as a precursor for the formation of nitrogen-doped graphene.
Ossila currently stocks nitrogen-doped graphene oxide in a single flake size of 1-5μm. Additionally, we also offer pre-dispersed solutions for simple instantaneous use.
What is Nitrogen-Doped Graphene Oxide?
N-doped graphene oxide (NGO) overcomes the disadvantages of graphene oxide (GO) by adding nitrogen doping into the process of GO synthesis to repair defects and improve the electronic structure of GO.
The introduction of the nitrogen group will not only modify the functionalities of graphene oxide, but it will also change the chemical, optical and electronic properties by substituting the oxygen groups with nitrogen groups in the graphene lattice. Firstly, with more functional groups embedded to the graphene structure, n-doped graphene oxide is more chemically active than graphene oxide. Secondly, replacing oxygen functional groups on graphene oxide sheets with nitrogen-containing groups transforms GO from a p-type into an n-type semiconductor. This can promote hole transport for certain applications, improvement of biocompatibility of carbon devices in biosensing, and enhancement of the performance of graphene-based supercapacitors.
N-doped graphene oxide (NGO) is also an intermediate for the synthesis of N-doped graphene/reduced graphene.
Platinum FET Test Chips for 2D Materials
- World-Wide Shipping
- Dual Channel Electrodes
Buy Online £180.00
Structure of Nitrogen-Doped Graphene Oxide
Much like graphene oxide, nitrogen-doped graphene oxide has a high dispersibility; this allows for high concentrations. This can be done in a variety of polar solvents. At Ossila we have found that the most stable solutions can be produced using the following recipe:
- Weigh out desired amount of material, this can go up to at least 0.5 mg.ml-1.
- Add 1:1 ratio of deionized water to isopropyl alcohol.
- Shake vigorously to break up material.
- A short treatment in an ultrasonic bath will rapidly disperse the material.
- High-Performance Perovskite Solar Cells Engineered by an Ammonia Modified Graphene Oxide Interfacial Layer, S Feng et al., ACS Appl. Mater. Interfaces, Article ASAP (2016), DOI: 10.1021/acsami.6b02064.
- The Two-Dimensional Nanocomposite of Molybdenum Disulfide and Nitrogen-Doped Graphene Oxide for Efficient Counter Electrode of Dye-Sensitized Solar Cells, C-K. Cheng et al., Nanoscale Res. Lett., 11:117 (2016); DOI 10.1186/s11671-016-1277-0.
- Nitrogen-doped reduced graphene oxide electrodes for electrochemical supercapacitors, H. Nolan et al., Phys.Chem.Chem.Phys., 16, 2280 (2014); DOI: 10.1039/c3cp54877e.
- Simultaneous Nitrogen Doping and Reduction of Graphene Oxide, X. Li et al., J. Am. Chem. Soc., 131, 15939–15944 (2009); DOI: 10.1021/ja907098f.
- Nitrogen-Doped Graphene Oxide Quantum Dots as Photocatalysts for Overall Water-Splitting under Visible Light Illumination, T-F. Yeh et al., Adv. Mater., 26, 3297–3303 (2014); DOI: 10.1002/adma.201305299.
- Synthesis of nitrogen-doped reduced graphene oxide directly from nitrogen-doped graphene oxide as a high-performance lithium ion battery anode, M. Du et al., RSC Adv., 4, 42412 (2014); DOI: 10.1039/c4ra05544f.
|CAS Number||7782-42-5 (graphite)|
|Synonyms||N-doped graphene oxide|
|Classification / Family||2D materials, n-type semiconductor, Carbon nanomaterials, Graphene oxide, Graphene, Organic electronics|
|Purity||>99%, single layer|
Nitrogen-Doped Graphene Oxide Powders
|Flake Size||1 - 5 μm|
|Flake Thickness||0.8 - 1.2 nm|
|Packaging Information||Light resistant bottle|
Nitrogen-Doped Graphene Oxide Solutions
|Solution Volume||100 ml||100 ml|
|Concentration||0.5 mg.ml-1||0.05 mg.ml-1|
|Flake Sizes||1 - 5 μm||1 - 5 μm|
||4 x 25 ml bottles||4 x 25 ml bottles|
|Product Code||Form||Flake Size||Weight/Volume||Pricing|
|M891||Powder||1 - 5 μm||200 mg||£175.00|
|M891||Powder||1 - 5 μm||500 mg||£360.00|
|M892||Solution||1 - 5 μm||100 ml 0.5 mg.ml-1 (4 x 25 ml bottles)||£120.00|
|M893||Solution||1 - 5 μm||100 ml 0.05 mg.ml-1 (4 x 25 ml bottles)||£95.00|
To the best of our knowledge the information provided here is accurate. However, Ossila assume no liability for the accuracy of this page. The values provided are typical at the time of manufacture and may vary over time and from batch to batch. All products are for laboratory and research and development use only, and may not be used for any other purpose including health care, pharmaceuticals, cosmetics, food or commercial applications.