Graphene Few-Layer Film
Graphene few-layer film, applications in energy generation and storage
High quality and available online for fast, secure dispatch
Graphene few-layer film consists of ultra-thin layers of carbon atoms that are arranged in a hexagonal honeycomb lattice. Graphene film produced via chemical vapour deposition (CVD) is polycrystalline in nature, with multiple small graphene domains growing to merge into a continuous film.
Compared to single-layer graphene, few-layer graphene has the potential to be developed into hybrid materials or heterostructures - via intercalation of different substances into its layered structure.
Applications of Graphene Few-Layer Film
With a unique combination of novel electronic, optical, and mechanical properties, graphene-based nanomaterials find applications in energy generation and storage. For example, they have applications in photovoltaic devices and batteries, sensors and flexible electronics, photodetectors, and biomedical applications (e.g. drug delivery, bio-imaging, and tissue engineering).
High quality few-layer graphene films were first grown directly on copper foil via the chemical vapour deposition (CVD) method. The films were later transferred to the desired substrates via the wet chemical graphene-transfer process.
Monolayer graphene films are ready to use in various research purposes, such as microscopic analysis, photoluminescence and Raman spectroscopy studies. Graphene few-layer films can also be transferred to other substrates.
|Synonyms||Graphene, Few-layer Graphene Film|
|Classification / Family||2D semiconducting materials, Carbon nanomaterials, Nanomaterials, Polycyclic aromatic hydrocarbons, OLEDs, Organic photovoltaics (OPV), Organic electronics|
|Size||1 cm × 1 cm*||1 cm × 1 cm*||1 cm × 1 cm*||1 cm × 1 cm*||5 cm × 10 cm*|
|Growth Method||CVD synthesis||CVD synthesis||CVD synthesis||CVD synthesis||CVD synthesis|
|Number of Layers||2 - 6||2 - 6||2 - 6||2 - 6||2 - 6|
|Sheet Resistance||400 ± 50 Ohms/sq||500 ± 50 Ohms/sq||n.a.||n.a||450 ± 40 Ohms/sq|
|Transfer method||Wet chemical transfer||Wet chemical transfer||Wet chemical transfer||Wet chemical transfer||Directly grown|
|Substrate Thickness||300 nm (oxide layer)||250 µm||300 µm||n.a.||n.a.|
* Other sizes available: 1 cm × 2 cm, 2 cm × 2 cm or custom-made sizes, please contact us for more details.
High-quality graphene monolayer films are available on three different substrate types: SiO2/Si, PET (polyethylene terephthalate) and copper foil. Different sizes and substrates of few-layer graphene films are also available via custom order.
- Glass (1 cm × 1 cm, 1 cm × 2 cm, 2 cm × 2 cm or custom-made sizes)
- Sapphire (1 cm × 1 cm, 1 cm × 2 cm, 2 cm × 2 cm or custom-made sizes)
- Nickel (1 cm × 1 cm, 1 cm × 2 cm, 2 cm × 2 cm or custom-made sizes)
- Silicon (1 cm × 1 cm, 1 cm × 2 cm, 2 cm × 2 cm or custom-made sizes)
- Quartz (1 cm × 1 cm, 1 cm × 2 cm, 2 cm × 2 cm or custom-made sizes)
|Substrate||Product code||Size||Quantity (EA)||Price|
|SiO2/Si||M2158F11||1 cm × 1 cm||2||£165.00|
|SiO2/Si||M2158F11||1 cm × 1 cm||4||£254.00|
|PET||M2159F11||1 cm × 1 cm||2||£165.00|
|PET||M2159F11||1 cm × 1 cm||4||£254.00|
|Sapphire||M2317F11||1 cm × 1 cm||2||£165.00|
|Sapphire||M2317F11||1 cm × 1 cm||4||£254.00|
|Quartz||M2318F11||1 cm × 1 cm||2||£165.00|
|Quartz||M2318F11||1 cm × 1 cm||4||£254.00|
|Cu Foil||M2160F50||5 cm × 10 cm||1||£397.00|
Literature and Reviews
- Chemical vapor deposition growth of few-layer graphene for transparent conductive films, J. Pu et al., RSC Adv., 5, 44142 (2015); DOI: 10.1039/c5ra03919c.
- Growth and properties of few-layer graphene prepared by chemical vapor deposition, H. Park et al., Carbon 48, 1088–1094 (2010) ; doi: 10.1016/j.carbon.2009.11.030.
- Large Area, Few-Layer Graphene Films on Arbitrary Substrates by Chemical Vapor Deposition, A. Reina et al., Nano Lett., 9 (1), 30–35 (2009); DOI: 10.1021/nl801827v.
- Large-Sized Few-Layer Graphene Enables an Ultrafast and Long-Life Aluminum-Ion Battery, L. Zhang et al., Adv. Energy Mater., 7, 1700034 (2017); DOI: 10.1002/aenm.201700034.
- Scalable production of large quantities of defect-free few-layer graphene by shear exfoliation in liquids, K. Paton et al., Nat. Mater., 13, 624–630 (2014); DOI: 10.1038/NMAT3944.
- Hexagonal Single Crystal Domains of Few-Layer Graphene on Copper Foils, A. Robertson et al., Nano Lett., 11 (3), 1182–1189 (2011); DOI: 10.1021/nl104142k.
To the best of our knowledge the information provided here is accurate. However, Ossila assume no liability for the accuracy of this page. The values provided are typical at the time of manufacture and may vary over time and from batch to batch. All products are for laboratory and research and development use only, and may not be used for any other purpose including health care, pharmaceuticals, cosmetics, food or commercial applications.