CbBPCb, highly efficient bipolar phosphorescent host
Can achieve high quantum efficiencies in blue PhOLEDs
CbBPCb, having similar structure to the well-known host material mCBP, is a highly efficient carboline-based phosphorescent host with oligophenyl spacer. CbBPCb is bipolar, but shows a higher electron mobility of 3.83×10-6 cm2 V-1 s-1 than its hole mobility of 6.33×10-7 cm2 V-1 s-1.
With a wide bandgap and high triplet energy level, CbBPCb can achieve high quantum efficiencies of over 30.0% in blue phosphorescent organic light emitting diodes. This is due to the host-guest energy transfer, balanced charge injection / transporting and effective exciton confinement within the emitting layer [1, 2]
|Molecular weight||486.57 g/mol|
|Absorption||λmax 240 nm, 297 nm (THF)|
|Photoluminescence||λem 382 nm (THF)|
|HOMO/LUMO||HOMO = 6.25 eV, LUMO = 2.79 eV; ET = 2.77 eV |
|Classification / Family||Carboline derivatives, Phosphorescent host materials, Sublimed materials, Semiconducting small molecules|
|Purity||Sublimed >99.0% (HPLC)|
|Melting point||mp = 251 °C, Tg = 96 °C (lit.)|
*Sublimation is a technique used to obtain ultra pure-grade chemicals. For more details about sublimation, please refer to the sublimed materials for OLED devices page.
|Device structure||ITO (50 nm)/PEDOT:PSS (60 nm)/TAPC (20 nm)/mCP (10 nm)/CbBPCb:10wt% FIrpic (25 nm)/TSPO1 (35 nm)/LiF (1 nm)/Al (200 nm) |
|Max. Current Efficiency||53.6 cd/A|
|Max. Power Efficiency||50.6 Im/W|
|Sublimed (>99.0% purity)||M2289A1||100 mg||£210|
|Sublimed (>99.0% purity)||M2289A1||250 mg||£420|
|Sublimed (>99.0% purity)||M2289A1||500 mg||£720|
|Sublimed (>99.0% purity)||M2289A1||1 g||£1250|
Literature and Reviews
- Above 30% External Quantum Efficiency in Blue Phosphorescent Organic Light-Emitting Diodes Using Pyrido[2,3-b]indole Derivatives as Host Materials, C. Lee et al., Adv. Mater., 25(38), 5450-4 (2013); DOI: 10.1002/adma.201301091.
- FIrpic: archetypal blue phosphorescent emitter for electroluminescence, E. Baranoff et al., Dalton Trans. 44, 8318-8329 (2015); DOI: 10.1039/C4DT02991G.
- Functionalization of phosphorescent emitters and their host materials by main-group elements for phosphorescent organic light-emitting devices, X. Yang et al., Chem. Soc. Rev., 44, 8484-8575 (2015); DOI: 10.1039/C5CS00424A.
- High quantum efficiency and color stability in white phosphorescent organic light-emitting diodes using carboline derivative as a host material, B. Kim et al., Org. Electronics, 14 (11), 3024-3029 (2013); DOI: 10.1016/j.orgel.2013.09.005.
- A versatile efficient one-step approach for carbazole–pyridine hybrid molecules: highly efficient host materials for blue phosphorescent OLEDs, C. Tang et al., Chem. Commun., 51, 1650-1653 (2015); DOI: 10.1039/C4CC08335K.
- Low-Driving-Voltage Blue Phosphorescent Organic Light-Emitting Devices with External Quantum Efficiency of 30%, K. Udagawa et al., 26 (29), 5062-5066 (2014); DOI: 10.1002/adma.201401621.
To the best of our knowledge the information provided here is accurate. However, Ossila assume no liability for the accuracy of this page. The values provided are typical at the time of manufacture and may vary over time and from batch to batch. All products are for laboratory and research and development use only, and may not be used for any other purpose including health care, pharmaceuticals, cosmetics, food or commercial applications.