CAS Number 2447642-41-1
Fast and secure
BTP-4Cl-12, Y6 family member for highly efficient NFA solar cells
High purity (>99%), great for solution processability and mass device production
BTP-4Cl-12, also known as Y7-BO or BO-4Cl, belongs to the highly efficient non-fullerene acceptor Y6 family. The only difference between BTP-4Cl-12 and Y7 is that BTP-4Cl-12 has larger butyloctyl alkyl chains that are attached to the pyrrole rings while Y7 has ethylhexyl alkyl chains at the clove of the U-shaped structure. Also, BTP-4Cl-12 has greater solubility so it has great advantage for solution processability and mass device production with environmentally benign solvents as active layer materials for organic polymer solar cells.
High efficient non-flullerene acceptor
With highly conjugated core
Improved solution proccessability
Owing to the branched ethylhexyl alkyl chains
Quick and reliable shipping
By the method of delayed processing using non-halogenated solvent toluene, optimized nano-fibril like morphology of PM6:BTP-4Cl-12 can be achieved with more efficient charge separation and transport and outstanding device performance efficiency of 17.33% in PCE.
|Thickness (nm)||VOC (V)||JSC (mA cm-2)||FF (%)||PCE (%)|
Literature and Reviews
- Organic photovoltaic cell with 17% efficiency and superior processability, Y. Cui et al., Natl. Sci. Rev., 7, 1239–1246 (2020); DOI: 10.1093/nsr/nwz200.
- Highly efficient non-fullerene organic solar cells enabled by a delayed processing method using a non-halogenated solvent, X. Xu et al., Energy Environ. Sci., 13, 4381-4388 (2020); DOI: 10.1039/D0EE02034F.
- J71-based ternary organic photovoltaics exhibiting 13.65% efficiency, C. Xu et al., Sustainable Energy Fuels, 4, 3979-3984 (2020); DOI: 10.1039/d0se00605j.
- Unveiling structure-performance relationships from multi-scales in non-fullerene organic photovoltaics, S. Li et al., Nat Commun 12, 4627 (2021); DOI: 10.1038/s41467-021-24937-5.
- Simultaneously enhanced efficiency and operational stability of non-fullerene organic solar cells via solid additive mediated aggregation control, X. Zhang et al., Small, 17 (35); 2102558 (2021); DOI:10.1002/smll.202102558.
- Chlorination: An Effective Strategy for High-Performance Organic Solar Cells, Q. Zhao et al., Adv. Sci., 7, 2000509 (2020); DOI: 10.1002/advs.202000509.
|Purity||>99% (1H NMR)|
|Molecular Weight||1629.96 g/mol|
|Absorption||λmax 836 nm (in film)|
|HOMO / LUMO||HOMO = -5.66 eV, LUMO = -4.09 eV; Eg = 1.39 eV |
|Form||Dark blue powder/crystals|
|Synonyms||BO-4Cl, BTP-BO-4Cl, Y6-BO-4Cl, Y7-BO|
|Classification / Family||NFAs, n-type non-fullerene electron acceptors, Organic semiconducting materials, Low band-gap small molecule, Small molecular acceptor, Organic photovoltaics, Polymer solar cells, NF-PSCs.|
To the best of our knowledge the information provided here is accurate. The values provided are typical at the time of manufacture and may vary over time and from batch to batch. Products may have minor cosmetic differences (e.g. to the branding) compared to the photos on our website. All products are for laboratory and research and development use only.