BTP-4Cl-12, Y6 family member for highly efficient NFA solar cells
High purity (>99%), great for solution processability and mass device production
BTP-4Cl-12, also known as Y7-BO or BO-4Cl, belongs to the highly efficient non-fullerene acceptor Y6 family. The only different between BTP-4Cl-12 and Y7 is that BTP-4Cl-12 has larger butyloctyl alkyl chains that are attached to the pyrrole rings while Y7 has ethylhexyl alkyl chains at the clove of the U-shaped structure. Also, BTP-4Cl-12 has greater solubility so it has great advantage for solution processability and mass device production with environmentally benign solvents as active layer materials for organic polymer solar cells.
By the method of delayed processing using non-halogenated solvent toluene, optimized nano-fibril like morphology of PM6:BTP-4Cl-12 can be achieved with more efficient charge separation and transport and outstanding device performance efficiency of 17.33% in PCE.
|Thickness (nm)||VOC (V)||JSC (mA cm-2)||FF (%)||PCE (%)|
Literature and Reviews
- Organic photovoltaic cell with 17% efficiency and superior processability, Y. Cui et al., Natl. Sci. Rev., 7, 1239–1246 (2020); DOI: 10.1093/nsr/nwz200.
- Highly efficient non-fullerene organic solar cells enabled by a delayed processing method using a non-halogenated solvent, X. Xu et al., Energy Environ. Sci., 13, 4381-4388 (2020); DOI: 10.1039/D0EE02034F.
- J71-based ternary organic photovoltaics exhibiting 13.65% efficiency, C. Xu et al., Sustainable Energy Fuels, 4, 3979-3984 (2020); DOI: 10.1039/d0se00605j.
- Unveiling structure-performance relationships from multi-scales in non-fullerene organic photovoltaics, S. Li et al., Nat Commun 12, 4627 (2021); DOI: 10.1038/s41467-021-24937-5.
- Simultaneously enhanced efficiency and operational stability of non-fullerene organic solar cells via solid additive mediated aggregation control, X. Zhang et al., Small, 17 (35); 2102558 (2021); DOI:10.1002/smll.202102558.
- Chlorination: An Effective Strategy for High-Performance Organic Solar Cells, Q. Zhao et al., Adv. Sci., 7, 2000509 (2020); DOI: 10.1002/advs.202000509.
|Purity||>99% (1H NMR)|
|Molecular Weight||1629.96 g/mol|
|Absorption||λmax 836 nm (in film)|
|HOMO / LUMO||HOMO = -5.66 eV, LUMO = -4.09 eV; Eg = 1.39 eV |
|Form||Dark blue powder/crystals|
|Synonyms||BO-4Cl, BTP-BO-4Cl, Y6-BO-4Cl, Y7-BO|
|Classification / Family||NFAs, n-type non-fullerene electron acceptors, Organic semiconducting materials, Low band-gap small molecule, Small molecular acceptor, Organic photovoltaics, Polymer solar cells, NF-PSCs.|
MSDS DocumentationBTP-4Cl-12 MSDS Sheet
To the best of our knowledge the information provided here is accurate. However, Ossila assume no liability for the accuracy of this page. The values provided are typical at the time of manufacture and may vary over time and from batch to batch. All products are for laboratory and research and development use only, and may not be used for any other purpose including health care, pharmaceuticals, cosmetics, food or commercial applications.