6TIC, NFA with enhanced planarity for efficient molecular packing and charge transport
Strong inter charge transfer and able to achieve a high power conversion efficiency of 14.24%
6TIC, also known as IXIC, has an acceptor–donor–acceptor (A–D–A) structure consisting of an electron-rich fused terthieno[3,2-b]thiophene core and two electron withdrawing 1,1-dicyanomethylene-3-indanone (IC) peripheral units.
With two outward thieno[3,2-b]thiophene units, 6TIC has enhanced planarity while comparing with 4TIC (IHIC), leading to more efficient molecular packing and charge transport. 6TIC thin film shows an intense and broadened absorption between 600 and 900 nm with an onset at ~905 nm.
Furthermore, 6TIC shows superior electron mobility than that of 4TIC for its longer effective conjugation length and stronger inter charge transfer (ICT) than 4TIC. 6TIC also has a higher lying HOMO energy level and a slightly smaller bandgap.
Ternary polymer solar cell fabricated by using PBTA-PS as donor, and LA1 and 6TIC as binary acceptors achieved a PCE of 14.24% due to a well-matched complementary absorption profiles and co-crystallization properties.
Device structure: ITO/PEDTO:PSS/PBTA-PS:LA1:6TIC/PDINO/Al
|Thickness (nm)||VOC(V)||JSC(mA cm-2)||FF (%)||PCE(%)|
|Full name||2,2'- [[6,6,12,12-tetrakis(4-hexylphenyl)-6,12-dihydro-Thieno[2'',3'':4',5']thieno[3',2':4,5]cyclopenta[1,2-b]thieno[2''',3''':4'',5'']thieno[2'',3'':3',4']cyclopenta[1',2':4,5]thieno[2,3-d]thiophene-2,7-diyl]bis[methylidyne(3-oxo1H-indene-2,1(3H)-diylidene) ]]bis-propanedinitrile|
|Form||Dark blue powder/crystals|
|Molecular weight||1490.06 g/mol|
|Absorption||λmax 718 nm, 795 nm (Film)|
|HOMO / LUMO||HOMO = -5.45 eV, LUMO = -3.94 eV |
|Classification / Family||NFAs, n-type non-fullerene electron acceptors, Organic semiconducting materials, Low band-gap small molecule, Small molecular acceptor, Organic photovoltaics, Polymer solar cells, NF-PSCs.|
MSDS Documentation6TIC MSDS Sheet
Literature and Reviews.
- Mapping Non-Fullerene Acceptors with a Novel Wide Bandgap Polymer for High Performance Polymer Solar Cells, X. Liao et al., Adv. Energy Mater., 8 (24), 1801214 (2018); DOI:10.1002/aenm.201801214.
- Modulation of End Groups for Low-Bandgap Nonfullerene Acceptors Enabling High-Performance Organic Solar Cells, Y. Chen et al., Adv. Energy Mater., 8 (27), 1801203 (2018); DOI: 10.1002/aenm.201801203.
- Terthieno[3,2-b]thiophene (6T) based low band-gap fused-ring electron acceptor for high efficiency solar cell with a high short-circuit current density and low open-circuit voltage loss, X. Shi et al., Adv. Energy Mater., 8 (12), 1702831 (2017); DOI: 10.1002/aenm.201702831.
- Over 12% Efficiency Non-Fullerene All-Small-Molecule Organic Solar Cells with Sequentially Evolved Multi-Length Scale Morphologies, K. Gao et al., Adv. Mater., 31 (12), 1807842 (2018); DOI: 10.1002/adma.201807842.
- Ternary Polymer Solar Cells with High Efficiency of 14.24% by Integrating Two Well-Complementary Nonfullerene Acceptors, H. Jiang et al., Adv. Funct. Mater., 29, 1903596 (2019); DOI: 10.1002/adfm.201903596.
To the best of our knowledge the information provided here is accurate. However, Ossila assume no liability for the accuracy of this page. The values provided are typical at the time of manufacture and may vary over time and from batch to batch. All products are for laboratory and research and development use only, and may not be used for any other purpose including health care, pharmaceuticals, cosmetics, food or commercial applications.